Has anyone "wrapped" their boats?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone "wrapped" their boats?

I was at a local tint shop getting my windshield tinted for my boat a little while back and we started talking about the boats. He asked if we use vinyl wraps or paint on the boats, I told him I’ve always painted my boats; so he offered to wrap the tops of the boats with some “wicked” graphics as he put it for free if I was willing to do some local shows (car, boat, or outdoor sportsman shows) to get his name out in the public since his vinyl machine is brand new and nobody knows about it yet.

My question is; has anyone wrapped the tops of their boats? If so, how do they stand up to the abuse of the flexing and pounding the boats take (I have a FEH and DMH)? Do you have to clear coat them afterwards? I really want to get them wrapped, but I don’t want them to look like crap a year later. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Wraps

I've had my runabout wrapped for 3 years and it still looks like its new I will never paint a boat again, no clear coat just put it on and go!!!!
    Keith Kampen

Comment

wrap

Originally posted by kampenracing View Post
      I've had my runabout wrapped for 3 years and it still looks like its new I will never paint a boat again, no clear coat just put it on and go!!!!
      lets see a pic!
      "Keep Move'n" life is catching up!
      No man's life, liberty or property are safe while the legislature is in session.

Comment

My tunnel boats were wrapped and held up great, they were also easy to repair and match up the graphics...
        Attached Files
        444-B now 4-F
        Avatar photo credit - F. Pierce Williams

Comment

If someone had a tall chine 4 Cyl. runabout,,, the" Duck Commanders" on both sides
          would look kind if neat in a Redneck sort of way.

Comment

Wrap

Here it is
            Attached Files
            Keith Kampen

Comment

Keith,,, I sent you a PM...

Comment

I have seen a couple other boats wrapped and they look great.. Once its done all you have to do is clean the dust off
                Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

Most of the guys in Ecuador wrap their boats as well... and they abuse the heck out of them in some pretty harsh conditions. They don't seem to have an issue with it either.

Comment

Thanks for all the information guys...looks like I'm getting a couple boats wrapped in the near future.

Comment

Matt Johnson, Dudley Malone's gradson has his boats wrapped and they are "race car" quality and look awesome.....

Comment

Howie, if you don't mind me asking, how much did it cost to wrap your boats

Comment

Doug, fortunately the sponsor paid for all of them, but I believe they were $2500 each... the 60 boat is 14' x 6' x 4' and the 120 was 16' x 6.5' x 5' tall
                          444-B now 4-F
                          Avatar photo credit - F. Pierce Williams

Comment

post some pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

We wrap our boats. Check them and our graphics friend out at www.predatorgraphix.com Scroll down the examples on his home page and you will see one of our boats. Multiple vertical and horizontal surfaces you are going over make it a challenge to apply if you don't have much experience. We spray a background base color (white for our boats), then put the graphics on the primary surfaces. It is much easier and cheaper than paint, plus ease to replace after doing any boat repair. Doing a little hydro or runabout costs under $200, and the cost is based on complexity and how much square footage you are covering. Our graphics guy (Odell), is a former racer himself and once you send him a picture, dimensions, and preferences, he sends you back a digital thumbnail that you can modify to what you want. The thumbnail sketches look exactly like what you get, with some possible minor variations in color due to the image your computer screen may display. All his work is reasonable and original.

We also had him do our trailer wrap, which has the additional benefit of waterproofing.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by PittmanRacing; 05-11-2013, 12:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X