Kneeling pad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kneeling pad

We've looked in multiple department stores, fabric stores, hardware stores etc. and can't find foam that is typically used in raceboats, and as we all know, time is dwindling down. So where does everyone get inch and a half- two inch foam?
    Much much appreciated!

Foam Factory

http://www.usafoam.com/closedcellfoam/polyethylene.html

We use the 2.2 lb density at 1 inch thick. Buy a whole sheet and it is free shipping.

Alan

Comment

Walmart

Go to a super Walmart and in the camping department they have rolls of blue camping pad.

It is about 10 bucks a roll and works great in the boats!!

Comment

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/foa...ger&sst=subset

Lots of choices

Comment

try a sporting good store for yoga mats

Comment

Like Matt said - camping pad. Unless you have a stadium near you that is putting in Astroturf -the under pad is G-Pad = best there is, and the nearest dumpster will be chock full of cut-offs.
            carpetbagger

Comment

if all else fails, these goalie pads on ebay might work for you!
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by OldRacerBU View Post
                http://www.usafoam.com/closedcellfoam/polyethylene.html

We use the 2.2 lb density at 1 inch thick. Buy a whole sheet and it is free shipping.

Alan
                This is where we get our foam to
                Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

... Buy a D, then you won't need boat padding at all! (Except for Top O')

Comment

Originally posted by jeff55v View Post
                    ... Buy a D, then you won't need boat padding at all! (Except for Top O')
                    After running BSH, and 25SSh all those years back in the 80's and now running DMH, it feels like driving a cadilac!

Comment

The bigger boats are the only way to go. They handle the rough water so much better for us advancing folks.
                      Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

Originally posted by blueskyracer View Post
                        The bigger boats are the only way to go. They handle the rough water so much better for us advancing folks.
                        thats way I am afraid of a laydown DMH...I might fall asleep at the wheel!

Comment

I started driving an ASR last year. Everyone said the ride would be pretty bad. I found it was actually quite nice that they ought to try a CSR. I ran a D for a short time and it was real smooth. At one of our sites that gets really rough it is sometimes hard to see where you are going in my CSR I am bouncing around so bad. If I could get another mph or I so I wouldn't be driving around in everyone's slop and it would be smoother.
                          kk

Comment

pads

Try a industrial plumbing/pipefitters supply house, comes in sheets used for insulating, even is available with an adhesive side, when I was in Detroit, the scraps were free, and the scraps were more then enough to do a hydro and runabout, and extra to give away.

Comment

Originally posted by krazy karl View Post
                              I started driving an ASR last year. Everyone said the ride would be pretty bad. I found it was actually quite nice that they ought to try a CSR. I ran a D for a short time and it was real smooth. At one of our sites that gets really rough it is sometimes hard to see where you are going in my CSR I am bouncing around so bad. If I could get another mph or I so I wouldn't be driving around in everyone's slop and it would be smoother.
                              kk
                              Dont want to get Apache's post side tracked and hope he found his foam for his kneeling board as all the suggestions above for foam are excellent. Karl if you need a mile an hour or more against those guys run my 1100 I wont tell you can tell them its a big CMR lol.

Apache getting pads is a good idea being comfortable makes all the differance

Comment

Working...
                              X