NBRA season opener

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NBRA season opener

Had a great weekend of racing with 130+entries a few crashes but nothing major, and some great hospitality from everyone at Tunks!!!!! I will post a few pics tomorrow
    Keith Kampen

Thats what we like to hear
    Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

130+ is GREAT!!!
      sigpicWayne DiGiacomo

Comment

grandfather report

Thanks to Randy Mathews for all the work on getting this site. Tunks had a great band Sat. night and there were no shortage of Drinks. Old Timer Butch Webb flew down to eat Cajun with Dudley Malone, Charley Holman and myself, Good Times. With the wind, we could not have raced any place else. Shane Hebert did a great job as referree and his wife and sister in law were the real worker bees and as usual Patsy Ruth was great. John Mathews was in most all the races and his crew kept him in a boat at all times. The first race was awusome, 10 C mod hydros on that small course, no accidents and quite a show! Grandfather report: Braxton was back on track with 6 overall firsts and 2 seconds. Layton Owen jump the gun three times Saturday, but none on Sunday finishing 2 in A hydro. Cody Crouse in just his second day of racing finish 1st in B runabout. Back home at 4am, need time to recover.....

Comment

Sweet !

I heard it was a little breezy, but very manageable. Funny thing is, it was warmer here in MI that it was in LA !! Figure that one out !

I sure am sad I missed out on all that fun. I hear the gators played nice too, nobody even saw one.
          Dave Mason
          Just A Boat Racer

Comment

130 + ......... Wow

To All NBRA,

130 +... WOW..... Congratulations. I hope to be a spectator at the August 23-25 Clark Fork River, Trout Creek Montana US Short Course Nationals-West
            race. Hope to meet all the NBRA folks. Hopefully we can get quite a few Region 10 folks and other West Coasters there.

I'm looking forward to it. You NBRA folks "REALLY HAVE YOUR ACT TOGETHER".

Best Regards,

Dean Hobart...Racing Since 1962.

PS. Just got back from the SOA race at Silver Lake, Castle Rock, WA. near
            Mount St. Helens.... nice weekend... 80 degrees of sun. There was even a Forest Fire nearby..... Literaly "Smoke On The Water"... Race Stopped.
            sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

Had a ton of fun! I don't think I have ever been so beat up after a race weekend. Haha. Worth it though.
              John Mathews @ Mathews Racing L-390

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/johnmathews390
              Instagram: http://instagram.com/johnmathews_390
              Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/johnmathews_390
              Email: JohnMathewsL390@aol.com
              Cell#: 318-794-4515

Comment

What a great weekend

Drive home was very long for us! Think we got home at 8:15 and left at 6:30. The race site is excellent and Tunk's had some very fine food. All in all the folks that worked to put the race on did an outstanding job and a well done is surely required. Good seeing all the NBRA folks and some new faces at the race and were looking forward to next year.

Alan and team

Comment

To all the NBRA members that came down to race at Tunks, Thank you all, and even though we had some obsticals, you members proved that even thru trying times, and a few problems , we pulled aff a good show, and had some great racing. this all goes to all the Members of the NBRA , a GREAT BUNCH to race with Thanks again
                  Jeff

Comment

I too had a great time. Can't beat Tunks for good groceries. The referee really got into the swing of things on Sunday and ran the program off in super quick time. Mark, on the PA, was superb. Thanks to all who contributed to the effort. Jack

Comment

Same here, we had a great time. Thanks Randy Mathews, the Heberts and all who helped with the race. Tunks was great as usual, the only gator I saw was the fried one and it was a good one.

Comment

I would like to thank Mark Wood for doing an outstanding job announcing. Mark was professional and constantly working the crowd. He announced our sponsors, gave out the giveaways we had from our sponsors, and kept a close eye on the race giving details for our spectators. If anyone ever needs an announcer, I highly recommend Mark Wood!! I also want to thank everybody for pulling together and getting everything done. Special thanks to Linda for springing into action on Sunday as pit boss!! We had some great racing and put on a great show for the fans!! See y'all next time!
                        Shane Hebert
                        15L

Comment

I didn't get to see much of the races but from what little I saw Sunday afternoon it was a very well run race (I went to New Orleans Friday for Jazzfest and stopped by Sunday on the way home). I was very glad to get to see some of my boat racing friends Sunday. I miss racing but I miss the people a helluva LOT more!

OMC FE/SE powerhead parts for sale. Kurcz ported block, Mod 50 pistons and cylinder head, exhaust, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by David_L6 View Post
                            I didn't get to see much of the races but from what little I saw Sunday afternoon it was a very well run race (I went to New Orleans Friday for Jazzfest and stopped by Sunday on the way home). I was very glad to get to see some of my boat racing friends Sunday. I miss racing but I miss the people a helluva LOT more!
                            Was super nice getting to see you while out on the point Sunday!! Been too long!
                            John Mathews @ Mathews Racing L-390

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/johnmathews390
                            Instagram: http://instagram.com/johnmathews_390
                            Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/johnmathews_390
                            Email: JohnMathewsL390@aol.com
                            Cell#: 318-794-4515

Comment

Had a great time! A special thanks to Randy Mathews for putting this race together. We also owe Randy a special thanks for all of his help with Keith`s car Mon after it broke down over the weekend. Randy spent all day Mon pulling strings to get the car into the Ford dealership and getting it repaired. Really don`t know what we would have done without his help. A true racing friend. Really looking forward to the Sept. race.
                              Art K

Comment

Working...
                              X