records fall at yelm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• records fall at yelm

5 records today at Yelm on the 1 2/3 course today.

The water conditions were not great

I do not have the speeds tonight but will try to post tomorrow or check the S.O.A. Facebook page later tonight.

20SSH David Sullivan
    CSH Sean Byrne
    CSR Kyle Bahl
    C mod H John Maroney
    D mod H Jason Williams this record was 33 years old.

Carl

Originally posted by mrlou40 View Post
    5 records today at Yelm on the 1 2/3 course today.

The water conditions were not great

I do not have the speeds tonight but will try to post tomorrow or check the S.O.A. Facebook page later tonight.

20SSH David Sullivan
    CSH Sean Byrne
    CSR Kyle Bahl
    C mod H John Maroney
    D mod H Jason Williams this record was 33 years old.

Carl
    Congrats to everyone but especially Sean Byrne in the MRC
    Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

1 2/3

Do the CSH's have to run an additional fuel tank to run three laps on the 1 2/3 mile track ? I recall racing that one time, in a 850CCMH, and I could read the paper between turns in that. With those small tanks the Yamatos have I was curious if they needed additional fuel. That is a huge track that is all about top end and nothing more.
      Dave Mason
      Just A Boat Racer

Comment

long, huh?

Dave try it in a J hydro. I am almost 40 and I still don't think I've finished lap three!
        Dan Wilde
        58-C

"Don't let a win go to your head, or a loss to your heart." Chuck D

Comment

Originally posted by Dave M View Post
          Do the CSH's have to run an additional fuel tank to run three laps on the 1 2/3 mile track ? I recall racing that one time, in a 850CCMH, and I could read the paper between turns in that. With those small tanks the Yamatos have I was curious if they needed additional fuel. That is a huge track that is all about top end and nothing more.
          Dave, you are correct that fuel can be an issue. That is why most of the Yamato folks out here have extended fuel tanks just for 5 mile races like this at Lake Lawrence. Others will extend their tank with a 3" to 6" piece of PVC pipe or radiator hose. And others just wait till their is about 2 minutes left on the clock before pulling the rope.

Jim

Comment

LOL...I remember those days.

Originally posted by dwilderacer View Post
            Dave try it in a J hydro. I am almost 40 and I still don't think I've finished lap three!
            I hear you Daniel. It's almost like child abuse for the J classes if they race on a 1 2/3 mile course. Maybe we should legalize locking throttles for these events? I remember starting my sons, basically having time to make a trip to the restroom & returning (seems like) 15 minutes later to listen to complaints about sore left (throttle) hands, knees, etc.

Jim

Comment

Thank you Carl & Dave Tonge

BTW, thank you very much Carl Lewis for your inspection work at Lake Lawrence, along with your able assistant, Dave Tonge. I know your mom is not doing well these days, so it means a lot to us that you were able to find time to help out your outboard family.

Your mom is in our prayers.
              Jim

Comment

Originally posted by Nilsen Racing View Post
                I hear you Daniel. It's almost like child abuse for the J classes if they race on a 1 2/3 mile course. Maybe we should legalize locking throttles for these events? I remember starting my sons, basically having time to make a trip to the restroom & returning (seems like) 15 minutes later to listen to complaints about sore left (throttle) hands, knees, etc.

Jim
                I remember Janice Lee said she counted the bounces her J Runabout made in the 5 miles at Yelm on he way to a record. This was with the KF5 or Mk 5.

Comment

Working...
                X