runabout speeds help me out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• runabout speeds help me out

What is the average top end speed of a C mod runabout, a B mod runabout and a C stock runabout? The wt of these boats are virtually the same in NBRA and APBA, so how about it?

Hey Doc,

You should know the CMR speed since yours is the fastest in the counrty.

Tim
    Tim Weber

Comment

top speeds

Thanks webber, but I wanted some solid numbers for all these classes...We run 67mph in the C mod. on the average. Some of the C mod guys are worried about a B mod being as fast as a C mod. I have a B mod yamato 80 and we are running 63. In NBRA we have combined the two cylinder motors with the wt. that is legal for their class. I would like to make them competitive, but it may not be possible. We want everyone to have a place to race, yet horsepower will make speeds different, no matter what the wt.

Comment

67 mph for a C mod runabout ain't bad at all!

Back in the day when I was chasing Tab Buford around in CMR, 64 mph was darned good for a 1 mile course (think Alex...). That was with Mark 30H Mercs.

OMC FE/SE powerhead parts for sale. Kurcz ported block, Mod 50 pistons and cylinder head, exhaust, etc.

Comment

CSR Top end speed.
          Attached Files
          28-R

Comment

Cmr

The highest speed I ever saw with my CMR was 69mph. It was good enough to win 6 nationals!!!!
            Keith Kampen

Comment

That number feels real nice in that Austin doesn't it Kyle?! Been there myself in my Davids which was the same thing. They keep going faster than that if you keep kicking it out, but I didn't think i could get it around the race course with out going over backwards. It's still fun to break 70 while testing. And to think I wasn't even the fastest CSR in the country when I hung it up...
              Future J dad!

Comment

70 in a CSR holycrap!
                Chris Fabbro 2-F CSR / Carson Fabbro 95-F 25ssr, CSR, CSH, 300SSH / Greg Fabbro 63-F CSR, 25SSR

Comment

My CSR runs 70 too! When it's behind my truck on the trailer.

Tim
                  Tim Weber

Comment

kyle's runabout

I am a believer Kyle, you are super fast, but you belong in a runabout. I would hope a Mod would accerate faster than the stock, but I'm not so sure. It was rumored that Luce was running 70 and I do think his Merc is the fastest when it is on...A B mod runabout is no near those speeds, but we have seen 72.5mph in our B mod hydro in ideal condition with our Ross Webster motor. Kyle's photo reminds me of Dave Mason's joke. He turned his GPS on during his ride in is truck going to the race and then showed it to his competitors.

Comment

So Doc you want to get all high-tech on us. I thought us old guys timed stuff with a sun dial.

Comment

Doc- you can't compare hydro numbers to runabout numbers.... apples to oranges.

And Chris- it didn't stop at 70. Once the a$$ end came out of the water it basically produced hydro numbers. Just like Cole Trickle said "Loose is fast and on the edge of outta control".
                        Last edited by Gunjumper; 04-27-2013, 03:20 AM.
                        Future J dad!

Comment

Hmmmm.....

Originally posted by HydroKyle93R View Post
                          CSR Top end speed.
                          69.8?

Guess KB's going 70+.

R-19
                          Last edited by sponsonhead; 04-27-2013, 07:30 PM.
                          www.gleasonracing.com

"No, THAT is why people hate him."

Comment

One Thing For Certain

The fastest boat on top end is not the typical winner in boat racing.... I love the guys that jack it up to achieve the top speeds. Doesn't work around here very often.
                            Dave Mason
                            Just A Boat Racer

Comment

I have allways found that top speed is directly related on how many beers have been consumed after 5 pm
                              Jeff

Comment

Working...
                              X