helmet certification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• helmet certification

What does the ECE 22.05 rating mean, It doesn't say anything about snell rated

The DOT standard does not require chin bar testing. The Snell Memorial Foundation recently certified a flip-up helmet for the first time.<sup id="cite_ref-WebBikeWorld1_9-0" class="reference">[9]</sup><sup id="cite_ref-10" class="reference">[10]</sup> ECE 22.05 allows certification of modular helmets with or without chin bar tests, distinguished by -P (protective lower face cover) and -NP (non-protective) suffixes to the certification number,<sup id="cite_ref-11" class="reference">[11]</sup> and additional warning text for non-certified chin bars.<sup id="cite_ref-12" class="reference">[12]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motorcy..._.22flip-up.22
    </sup>

OMC FE/SE powerhead parts for sale. Kurcz ported block, Mod 50 pistons and cylinder head, exhaust, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by David_L6 View Post
      The DOT standard does not require chin bar testing. The Snell Memorial Foundation recently certified a flip-up helmet for the first time.<sup id="cite_ref-WebBikeWorld1_9-0" class="reference">[9]</sup><sup id="cite_ref-10" class="reference">[10]</sup> ECE 22.05 allows certification of modular helmets with or without chin bar tests, distinguished by -P (protective lower face cover) and -NP (non-protective) suffixes to the certification number,<sup id="cite_ref-11" class="reference">[11]</sup> and additional warning text for non-certified chin bars.<sup id="cite_ref-12" class="reference">[12]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motorcy..._.22flip-up.22
      </sup>
      There has be a Snell approved modular for over a year, the LS2 FF394, I am picking mine up tonight. Will report back with my review.
      Mark 55P
      Team Tower
      Hydroplane Division

Comment

Originally posted by noodles View Post
        Does APBA recognize ECE ratings? It's hard for me to look up since I don't get a printed rulebook anymore.

If it doesn't say Snell rated on it, it's not.

Comment

There you go Jeff.

http://www.apba.org/resources/2013-g...ety-rules-2100

Comment

Not Legal

Originally posted by noodles View Post
            If I am reading the link DAllenIII posted right, there is no ECE listing approved. There is an ECU rating. I am not sure if that is the same thing or not. If you take the rules literally as posted, I would say someone could call you out on that helmet as not legal ? Maybe someone with more inner knowledge will chime in.
            Dave Mason
            Just A Boat Racer

Comment

that is what I thought, if it doesn't have a snell rating it is not for us

Comment

Scorpion

Dave,

Found a good site for the Scorpion line of helmets we talked about on the phone a few weeks back - and a great price on them, these are SNELL approved, just make sure you get the high visibility model.

http://www.revzilla.com/product/scor...0-solid-helmet

You still planning on Delaware?
                Elek Hutchinson
                36M

Comment

The Scorpion helmet is a Snell2005. Might be a little old for APBA. I thought there was a time limit. Might want to check with APBA.

Jack711R

Comment

APBA Legal

The Scorpion EXO-700 Helmet is legal in APBA. It is SNELL approved.

Per APBA General Safety Rules 3A:
                    "Helmets must meet the specifications set forth by any of the following: American National Standards Institute, Inc., Snell, or military specification
                    helmet designed for military aircraft
                    —M il-Spec helmets (CGF LA100, LH050, LH150, LH250; Gentex HGU-84/P),
                    Peltor helmets (Rally Pro Helmet EN ECU 04 or 05) and S FI S pec 24.1 youth helmets for drivers age 16 and under, S FI competition 31.1 and 31.2 are acceptable"

The helmet must be in good condition. There is not a time limit.

This helmet is a good, affordable, legal APBA helmet.
                    Elek Hutchinson
                    36M

Comment

Helmet

Thank you for the information. It is always good to be brought to speed. I will not be passing on bum information any more.

Thank you,
                      Jack711R

Comment

Pyrotect makes very nice comfortable Snell approved helmets that are reasonably priced. I really like mine.
                        kk

Comment

Good for you Karl... I really like mine too. I bought it at wallyworld. I'll race what I darn well please.

I don't need any guru to tell me what to wear.... I can figure it out for myself. I know how to read and write; I'm over the drinking age; I've been to Viet-Nam; I have compassion for those in combat positions; and I could give a crap less what the BOD or the safety committee thinks... I think for myself based upon what I read.

Of course, if a person can't read (ie comprehend), and can't sign their name (in cursive); and had no clue what the 4th Amendment is about.... let alone the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd, etc...... then, those poor poor souls need to have their hands held by someone who is hopefully not a member of the Flat-Earth Society.

Alex

Comment

Working...
                          X