Project Boat and Mod motors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project Boat and Mod motors

After one race last year I am working on some changes to get more lift and turn better on my own boat. Removing the innear sponsons will allow the bottom width to go from 33" TO 38". I plan to work on the rear shoes next.. The original boat would of probably worked if I weighed about 150# but not with a 200# plus person and a 4 cylinder Merc
    Attached Files
    Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Hey Mike, I got a nice cover for that Corvette if your interested. It did not go with the car when I sold my vette.

Comment

removeing the rear shoes will deff help lift front... other wise you had to set up to prop ride and have a small wheel and tuck under for them,,

Comment

Originally posted by proprider View Post
        Hey Mike, I got a nice cover for that Corvette if your interested. It did not go with the car when I sold my vette.
        Thanks for the offer but we have one and I just took it off a little early so I need to do a nice spit shine once the snow stops

Comment

boat changes

what was the boat doing in corner and what do you plan on doing to correct it ? we have a boat with same bottom and it chatters going threw corner, it also hooks in courner if i hit a hole . scarry especially if racing and it happens when you are close to another boat. just wondering what corrections ect. that you did and the reasons for doing so thanks

Comment

Originally posted by chicks View Post
            what was the boat doing in corner and what do you plan on doing to correct it ? we have a boat with same bottom and it chatters going threw corner, it also hooks in courner if i hit a hole . scarry especially if racing and it happens when you are close to another boat. just wondering what corrections ect. that you did and the reasons for doing so thanks
            The boat kept wanting to swap ends in the corner so the plan is to shorten up the rear shoes from 35 inches to 28". Then we want to go deeper with the motor set up and a smaller prop.. If necessary we will also try a rear skid fin last. I have been getting ideas from a guy who is running this style boat in 350 and had the same kinds of problems.. Also on the left rear shoe we will be putting a 45 degree angle so the edge does not catch.

This boat was designed for a 2 cyl Yamato so the weight difference between it and the Merc is really big

Comment

hehe oo yes the learning curve or prop rideing,,,, thankfully i had ed karelsen teech me years ago,,,,,,to prop ride you should also tuck minimum 3degg under.. you can also make the rear shoes shallower witch will help plus the tack angle on the rear shoes dose matter as welll

Comment

I know we should only make one change at a time but since we are only planning on racing two or three races this year we have to make a lot of changes at once..

Comment

aprox how shallow should rear shoes be? also what angle works best on rear shoes. my rear shoes are almost 1 1/4 " deep i am shure they are to deep .that is what is driving right sponson in corner when turning . the boat is most likely riding to flat because of to high rear shoes . does that sound right ?

Comment

another question i have , how wide should the rear pads be ? do the pads run on same angle as bottom ?

Comment

aprox how shallow should rear shoes be? also what angle works best on rear shoes. my rear shoes are almost 1 1/4 " deep i am shure they are to deep .that is what is driving right sponson in corner when turning . the boat is most likely riding to flat because of to high rear shoes . does that sound right ?
                      When the boat runs right then I will let you know what size they should be..

Comment

another question i have , how wide should the rear pads be ? do the pads run on same angle as bottom ?
                        I have made the pads 6" wide to support the extra motor weight and they are one inch at the back tapering down to nothing at the 28 inch mark..But that is a change and we dont know if it is right till we test..I may go swimming with the fishes

Comment

thanks a lot for info, all i can do is give it a shot . chick

Comment

To Much Lift

Hi Mike,
                            I have been working on removing lift from our C MOD and have a lot of lift left over. If you need any lift let me know.
                            Alan

Comment

Originally posted by OldRacerBU View Post
                              Hi Mike,
                              I have been working on removing lift from our C MOD and have a lot of lift left over. If you need any lift let me know.
                              Alan
                              Alan send it anytime.. It would be easier than the diet I am on

Comment

Working...
                              X