Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Brother Had One: They were Called C-D-F- X Hydros

Originally posted by Syd Marsden View Post
    Here are pictures of a Swift that I picked up to restore. Anyone have any info or input for me. Thanks, Syd
    My dad bought my brother one of these C-D-F-X Swift's while my brother was in the army, 1953-55.

Bottom shad an "S" hook, designed to keep they from "Blowing Over"....didn't work!

Comment

i am sure it is a big bee

This boat does have a hard deck, the construction is consistent with the rest of the boat and was done at the time of building. I do not believe it to be modified with exception to the transom being extended to Q length and the holes under the throttle to have been connected.
      I can tell the front of the deck was originally white and the front of the cockpit was a darker shade of red. there is no evidence of this boat having any other numbers. I am the third owner and the second owner purchased it when he was 16 sometime in the 60s in Georgia it has not been run since the mid 70s I was told.

here are some more pictures.

As far as the boat being a 1957... I have no idea it was just a guess because I cant find another one like it or find any info online about a hard decked big bee but take notice of the deck on the chrome emblem.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by craigcraftguy; 03-13-2013, 11:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X