USTS races?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USTS races?

has any one heard anything about the us title series race schedule?
    89-F
    ,ASH,AXSH,OSY-400,20SSH

from the USTS site...

2005 US TITLE SERIES Race Schedule

May 27, 28, 29 – USTS Race #1, Omaha, Nebraska – Tentative (no sponsor as of this time)

June 17, 18, 19 – USTS Race #2, DePue, Illinois – Firm

July 22, 23, 24 – USTS Race #3, Constantine, Michigan – Firm

July 27 thru 31 – PRO Nationals, DePue, Illinois – Firm

August 12, 13, 14 – USTS #4, Hammond, Illinois– Tentative

September 9, 10, 11 – USTS Race #5, Cambridge, Ohio – Tentative

October 14, 15, 16 - USTS Race #6, Raleigh, North Carolina – Tentative
    I always thought growing up would be cool, I was wrong!
    The other day GG laughed at me because I take more pills a day than she does....

Comment

i heard a rumor

any truth to the rumor that the title series is going aof? kevin

Comment

No Aof

Originally posted by propwash
        any truth to the rumor that the title series is going aof? kevin
        APBA, NO AOF.

Comment

Usts Series

The USTS will be APBA sanctioned in 2005. The series has been growing rapidly the past 3 years and 2005 should be a great season. If you havent been to a USTS race, try to attend one soon and see the greatest show in boat racing. A truly professionally run series, with prize money, awards, and a first class party at each event sponsored by the USTS. Also look for corporate sponsorship to become a big part of the US TITLE SERIES in the future.

Comment

thanks for the schedule

also my father told me that there is talk of trying to get a usts race in georgia.
            89-F
            ,ASH,AXSH,OSY-400,20SSH

Comment

why isnt there a race in pineville louisiana this year ?
              John Mathews @ Mathews Racing L-390

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/johnmathews390
              Instagram: http://instagram.com/johnmathews_390
              Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/johnmathews_390
              Email: JohnMathewsL390@aol.com
              Cell#: 318-794-4515

Comment

Alexandria

There are a couple of reasons why the USTS may not race in Alex this year. The first reason is that Alex is not a sponsored race and is paid for by the USTS. Most all of the races on the title series schedule are sponsored races by each city they race in or by a business in that city. It only makes sense to race where the money and sponsorship is. Some new venues are interested in sponsoring a USTS race this year, so we have to accomodate them first. Alex is probably one of if not the best site in the country to have a boat race at, but priorities come first. Hope this answers your question.

Comment

Actually, Alex was a sposored race. Our turnout the last 2 years has been very low. My goal this year is to try to get the races more centralized and evenly spread out to encourage better turnout. We are working very hard on big sponsorship and in order to achieve that we have to have a consistent turnout of racers and be able to attract spectators. We are not achieving either one of those objectives in Alex. I agree with Tim that Alex is probably one of the best courses in the country and hopefully will be able to return there to race in the future.

As for the schedule...all races will remain as tentative until after the spring meeting. I encourage anyone who has not come and raced with us to do so it is a great weekend of racing and fun.

Kristi

Kristi Z-22

PRO Commissioner

APBA BOD

"Ask not what your racing organization can do for you...Ask what you can do for your racing organization"
                  Tomtall 06

Comment

Joel

I did consider Jesup for this year since Tom Cronk has told me what a great race site it is but it did not fir into the schedule and we don't want any conflicts with the region 5 club that already puts on that race. Belive me I would love to put on a series race there it is only 5 hrs from my house.
                    Kristi

Kristi Z-22

PRO Commissioner

APBA BOD

"Ask not what your racing organization can do for you...Ask what you can do for your racing organization"
                    Tomtall 06

Comment

yeah its not a bad drive for us either compared to ohio !!!
                      89-F
                      ,ASH,AXSH,OSY-400,20SSH

Comment

I plan my summer vacation around the Depue race, flying in from Arizona. It was a great weekend of racing with exception of unfortunate injury to the Brinkman boy. Coolest Depue race temperature-wise since I have been going there back in the 60's.

I do have one issue that I don't understand. It seems that nearly every year the 350RB hydro class is one of the most competitive. They always have a full field and yet this class isn't in the USTS Series. I don't get that and also think the Sprint races need to be dropped as there was only three entrants this year. That kind of tarnishes the National Championship title in my opinion. Other than that, great job and I can't wait for 2005 DePue.

Unfortunately, there is not much boat racing in Arizona. I have always thought Firebird Lake would be a great place for a PRO race.

Comment

[QUOTE=Illinifan]

I do have one issue that I don't understand. It seems that nearly every year the 350RB hydro class is one of the most competitive. They always have a full field and yet this class isn't in the USTS Series.

The Title Series tries to put on a good program for the spectators. The way we do that is to keep the program no longer than about 4 hrs and to try and keep the fields full. That is why we limit ourselves to 10 classes. Although we could stay out there and race all day it gets confusing and monotinous to the fans and than we lose them. To my best recollection (I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong) RB has been a class who's numbers go up and down and although there may a lot of them at the nationals,like the capsule classes, we don't see that many of them the rest of the season.

Kristi Z-22

PRO Commissioner

APBA BOD

Tomtall 06

Comment

Thanks for the info Kristi. I understand the time constraints. I just think RB350 is a better fit than a class like OSY 400 and wondered why the RB class isn't a part of the series.

It is too bad the capsule boats don't have a better turnout as the spectators like the speed but there are usually only four to six boats.

I sure hope USTS can get some TV coverage so us fans in the West can see some of the races. I think you are going to be a great USTS President who obviously has a lot of enthusiasm for our sport. Best of luck to you.

Comment

Thanks for the vote of confidence I will do my best. Just so you know OSY400 is not a part of the Series we have put it on in the past when we have a good commitment of boats for a particular race. Most of the OSY drivers can find races closer to home vs. the longer drive to our races. That is why you will only see it on the schedule occasionally and the reasons I sited in my previous post is why it is not a permanent series class. As for TV....I am working on getting the $$$ so we can do just that...keep your fingers crossed.
                              Kristi

Kristi Z-22

PRO Commissioner

APBA BOD

Tomtall 06

Comment

Working...
                              X