Hydro build plans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hydro build plans?

Hi, new to the hydro scene, been racing gas RC boats for many years and driving a 18" V hull for just as long. I am a skilled woodworker and have been epoxying/fiberglassing for many years. I would be interested in building a Hydroplane ("picklefork" style), possibly in the 10 foot range...wondering if there are any great plans out there?

Aaron

Give me a call tomorrow 860-575-4883. I'm in Durham I have jig/molds/templates to build a good running 10' boat.

Mike

Comment

Hey Mike, I spoke with you a few months ago before you were headed to Europe, I would still like to entertain your offer of letting me drive one of your boats once weather is warm. I am so close to buying any used one, but worried the transit and support equipment might put me over my head. I think building one would be fun, but if I could buy a reliable used boat for a great price I would be happy...not really sure what to do at this point I just really want to get into this "hobby"

Comment

Yes you talked to my father. Your more than welcome anytime to go for a spin. Your best bet is to find a good used boat. There are good CSH's out there for a lot less than the cost of materials to build a new boat. I believe there is a good boat in NJ for a good price. See Tony's ad http://www.hydroracer.net/forums/sho...highlight=tony
        I believe he also has motors for sale and could make a complete rig.

Comment

I gotta link up with you guys you really know what you are doing!! That boat looks great, I am going to inquire about it. Is CSH a big class in our district? What engine would you recommend for it?

Comment

Working...
          X