Helmet Painter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Helmet Painter

I have a new helmet that needs to be painted International Orange. Do we have any helmet painters in our boat racing family? Let me know.

Thanks...David-10E

Spray Bomb

Scuff it with "Scotch Brit" pad. Mask it off. Primer it with white spay can primer. Litely Re-scuff it with pad. Wipe off with tack cloth. Shoot color. Apply clear coat over paint a day later. Remove tape. Done.

Or you can mail it to me and I'll shoot it for you. But you wouldn't have the satisfaction of doing it yourself. It's not that hard.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Tomtall; 02-10-2013, 03:57 PM.
    Tom L.

Comment

helmet color

Sorry to break in on your thread: I have a question about helmet color. Does it have to be orange, or can it be red? Also, how much of the helmet has to be painted. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by apache88 View Post
        Sorry to break in on your thread: I have a question about helmet color. Does it have to be orange, or can it be red? Also, how much of the helmet has to be painted. Thanks.
        Also does hi-vis work?

Comment

Helmet Color

Oh wow. Are you really trying to start another 5 page thread on helmet color and % needed?

PM Tom Johnson - He'll fill you in on that rule.

Or you can go to this previous thread to get somewhat of an answer.

https://hydroracer.net/forums/showthr...t=helmet+color
          Last edited by Tomtall; 02-11-2013, 08:05 PM.
          Tom L.

Comment

helmet painting

David, Call me.

Comment

helmet paint

thought there might be a quick answer. i'll check old threads.

Comment

apache88

Recommend you look at the rule book for color requirements. It's on line on the APBA web site. Go to General Racing and Safety Rules under Resources on the APBA web. I just looked it up and it requires yellow, flourescent yellow, lime green, orange, international orange, or flourescent red. Jack

Comment

helmet

Since i'm new to this sport, I want to make certain i'm following the rules. I have a helmet that is both SNELL and DOT approved. It's white so I thought i'd save a little money by painting it myself. thanks for the reply.

Comment

Working...
                  X