No announcement yet.

2013 apba pro nationals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matt, I have observed the situation for quite sometime now and it looks to me like you are number 3 in the chain of command. You at the bottom, then comes the Rock, and Val in the cat bird seat as the clear leader of the bunch. I know it's painful but facts are facts. I guess you'll just have to live with it. Jack

Comment

Sunset Over Kingston TN Turn 2

Took this winter sunset shot this past week...
      Attached Files
      Tom Burwinkle
      11-K
      sorracing.yolasite.com/

Comment

Looks Beautiful

Originally posted by burl11 View Post
        Took this winter sunset shot this past week...

And sounds like the first planning meeting, on-site, went very well. It is great that the town is getting behind the this event.
        David Weaver

Comment

Are any USTS die hards going to show or is this going to be strictly the APBA antique nationals? Have we re-entered into a new NOA & APBA era?

I'm hoping we have enough entries to put on a show.

I'm curious what the thought is.

Tim
          Tim Weber

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Weber View Post
            Are any USTS die hards going to show or is this going to be strictly the APBA antique nationals? Have we re-entered into a new NOA & APBA era?

I'm hoping we have enough entries to put on a show.

I'm curious what the thought is.

Tim
            The thought is that a lot of effort is going into this event, just like all the other races that APBA, NBRA and AOF clubs host. There will be plenty of resources to hold a successful event. PRO racers that are APBA members will have the opportunity to compete for a national championship. It is like any event, ultimately it is up to the membership to make the event a success.

DW
            David Weaver

Comment

Answer to Dan

How in the he** do I or anyone else know who is going to show up? Why don't you pole the the USTS membership if this really important to you. I will get you started, I am a USTS member and I am planning to attend as an APBA member. 250cc and 350cc hydroplane will be my classes. Please contact USTS for the membership roster for the remaining responses.

This is no different than other events. IF we want it to succeed, then we need to network hard, get details out as fast as possible and make every effort to attend.

The elements are coming together to put on a fine race. A local, Atlanta based racing club will be the official APBA host club. APBA PRO membership will need to decide whether to attend this race.

I encourage those who are on the side-lines of this sport to to put your effort to constructive uses and to encourage those who are doing the real work to advance the sport, however and whenever, they are doing it.
              David Weaver

Comment

David,

I am so happy to hear that we will have some USTS guys coming to the race.
                I read all this negative stuff from folks ( who I will not name ) about how much APBA stinks etc. It made it almost sound like hell no and no way will we ever participate under the APBA banner.

I'm for boat racing. It doesn't matter to me who the sanction is through. I hope other folks feel the same way.We have a chance to make this race a big deal.

Let me know how I can help.

Tim
                Tim Weber

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Weber View Post
                  David,

I am so happy to hear that we will have some USTS guys coming to the race.
                  I read all this negative stuff from folks ( who I will not name ) about how much APBA stinks etc. It made it almost sound like hell no and no way will we ever participate under the APBA banner.

I'm for boat racing. It doesn't matter to me who the sanction is through. I hope other folks feel the same way.We have a chance to make this race a big deal.

Let me know how I can help.

Tim
                  I think if they had a one event (day) membership for ABPA for the Nationals you would get a lot more entries. In the past, APBA accepted CBF and they could run for an American Championship at no additional membership cost. It drew a lot of Canadian entries. What happened? Last year my daughter had to join for the year ($) to ride as deck rider in the 1100 rubabout (one race). Actually, the same thing happened to my son in 750 mod runabout. He joined to run the one race a year that he could attend and joined for the day. Since it was a divisional championship for that class he was not allowed to run unless he joined for the year which he did not ($). Who ever the power to be, allow a one event membership and I feel you will get more entries. Just my opinion......Bob

Comment

natls

The APBA nationals will be fine, a show to a racer is different to a spectator and sponsor so do not predict doom and gloom. If ya want to find out if the show is good then go ask the spectators during the races--better yet just stand in the spectator area during and listen but remember if there are only a few hundred then you are racing just for the drivers and the show means nothing.

Comment

Apba pro nationals

Hey,
                      Are you kidding? If I had a PRO boat, I would go in a heartbeat. I think there is nothing better in boat racing then winning an National Championship!!!
                      Take the high road to Tennessee.
                      Lee Sutter
                      1975 APBA PRO HOC

Comment

Really good point Bob

Originally posted by Bob Rusnak View Post
                        I think if they had a one event (day) membership for ABPA for the Nationals you would get a lot more entries. In the past, APBA accepted CBF and they could run for an American Championship at no additional membership cost. It drew a lot of Canadian entries. What happened? Last year my daughter had to join for the year ($) to ride as deck rider in the 1100 rubabout (one race). Actually, the same thing happened to my son in 750 mod runabout. He joined to run the one race a year that he could attend and joined for the day. Since it was a divisional championship for that class he was not allowed to run unless he joined for the year which he did not ($). Who ever the power to be, allow a one event membership and I feel you will get more entries. Just my opinion......Bob
                        I think we need to be a little more open to ideas like that. I don't want to start any trouble but I think it's been noted that apba is loosing money and entries. It's totally silly that a deck rider at national needs to pay that kind of money for a single event (even nationals). I think the apba pro nationals would help themselves greatly if they offererd a single event fee to this years race.
                        Bill Dingman "The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

Comment

Working...
                        X