J Class Rule Changes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J Class Rule Changes?

Does anyone know what changes were made to the J Class?

Thanks in advance for your help,
    Mike

All Pavlick entries must race at 2" below the bottom to give the rest of us a chance!

Just kiddin'

http://www.stockoutboard.com/

Comment

Amendment

Originally posted by Jeff Brewster 59s View Post
      All Pavlick entries must race at 2" below the bottom to give the rest of us a chance!

Then i guess the Price Camp has to run 2 1/2" below to level the playing field!!......just kidding also!

Comment

The minutes have been completed and sent off to the committee for review. They should be available soon!
        444-B now 4-F
        Avatar photo credit - F. Pierce Williams

Comment

lol!!

Dang...by the time my younger 2 race J, we are going to need to drop them further. Those 2 are animals!!

Mike

Comment

I believe the J committee also adopted the Mod/Pro picklefork rule. Double check I'm not 100% sure.
            John Runne
            2-Z

Stock Outboard is all about a level playing field.

True parity is one motor per class.

It's RACING, not just another boat ride!

NOT a representative of Racing Outboards LLC.

Comment

pickle fork

Thanks John.

We may need to make the new boat a round nose.

Good to see you in Dallas,
              Mike

Comment

the J committee did adapt the mod/pro rule. and like stock they did not grandfather any boats.
                Gene Schertz 26V
                TEAM CAFFEINE
                Cranked up and ready to Roll
                Reeds for Speed!

Comment

Originally posted by 26V View Post
                  the J committee did adapt the mod/pro rule. and like stock they did not grandfather any boats.
                  That means all the hydros in our trailer are no longer legal...the upshot is we will be a runabout only team this year.

You folks have developed a solution in search of a problem.
                  Last edited by fhafer; 02-01-2013, 06:50 AM.

Comment

Hydrotuck...................

Word is J Hydro will be subject to the tuck rule identical to ASH and AXSH..........

Looks like Chairman Buddy or Secretary Howie will be posting highlights soon......
                    Last edited by Matt Dagostino; 02-01-2013, 06:43 AM.

Comment

When does the picklefork rule go into effect? Round nose J hydros will be a change , I thought this was 2013 not 1981!.....Lol

Comment

How do you increase participation in stock outboard racing and drive participation costs down?

Make one year-old equipment obsolete and force teams to butcher their boats or buy/build new ones!

Now there's a plan.

You folks could see the benefit of airbags and seatbelts on motorcycles and helmets in cars.

Sheesh.

Comment

This is riddiculous

Look. No one wants to change their pickle forks. No one - it's a pain to take the time to do it. Is it dumb that runabouts don't apply to this rule - yes. Should have the SORC and J Committee done this in line when the original MOD ruling went into effect 3 years ago? Yes.

But if modifying your pickle forks is really "obsoleting equipment" for you - I feel sorry for your lack of ingenuity in how to remove or ADD material. I by no means am a boat builder, mechanic, or engineer; but I figured out pretty easily how to west system a chunk of balsa wood to a picklefork and remove accordingly to get to a 1/2 inch.

There are many more much important things that need to be focused on in our sport - bringing all the kneeldown outboards together on this rule was one chance to make all uniform - it's done now and I'm 99% positive nothing will change on hydro's into the future in regards to radius of pickle forks. All of you folks demand that all 3 categories be combined (which like Dean has said, is putting a band-aid on a bullet wound), yet you don't want to adhere to the different rules.
                          Elek Hutchinson
                          36M

Comment

"west system a chunk of balsa wood to a picklefork and remove accordingly to get to a 1/2 inch."

Haaaa, haaaa, haaaaa! Ah... what measure of protection does this provide? This is nothing more than a work-around for a stupid rule.

Now THAT'S funny.

Post the results of the study which lead to the passing of this decision!

Comment

"west system a chunk of balsa wood to a picklefork and remove accordingly to get to a 1/2 inch."

I've got an appropriate work-around...I'm going to duct tape two Whoopie Cushions to the pickleforks; call them APBA airbags.

Comment

Working...
                              X