Sidewinder Modified Engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steve,
    Just got back to Indy and need to check details with the APBA Mod Commission before posting "final factual information".

I need to confirm that the Sidewinder 20 is a prototype in 350Mod (in stock configuration with no pipes). Prototype means it can't be run at championship races. Prototype means it is not a legal engine in that class.

Need to confirm that the Sidewinder 20 is a prototype in 400MH with a chamber. Prototype means it can't be run at championship races. Prototype means it is not a legal engine in that class.

The Sidewinder 15 is a legal 250Mod engine and it can run with a chamber. I don't think the Sidewinder 15 can run with Megaphones - let me check.

Give me some time to clarify and I'll get back. The APBA Mod group will try to get the minutes written up as soon as possible.

BK

Comment

Originally posted by 94H View Post
      Steve,
      Just got back to Indy and need to check details with the APBA Mod Commission before posting "final factual information".

I need to confirm that the Sidewinder 20 is a prototype in 350Mod (in stock configuration with no pipes). Prototype means it can't be run at championship races. Prototype means it is not a legal engine in that class.

Need to confirm that the Sidewinder 20 is a prototype in 400MH with a chamber. Prototype means it can't be run at championship races. Prototype means it is not a legal engine in that class.

The Sidewinder 15 is a legal 250Mod engine and it can run with a chamber. I don't think the Sidewinder 15 can run with Megaphones - let me check.

Give me some time to clarify and I'll get back. The APBA Mod group will try to get the minutes written up as soon as possible.

BK
      "need to confirm that the Sidewinder 20 is a prototype in 350Mod (in stock configuration with no pipes). Prototype means it can't be run at championship races. Prototype means it is not a legal engine in that class."

Really??......No chamber/STOCK form, in B-MOD with the Yamatos and with a chamber in 25MOD........
      ...So 25MOD/400CCH is a faster class??
      Doc-Rick Miller must'a ordered one??........HEE HEE!!....Couldn't help that one!!

No more new engines in APBA with open pipes..........right?

Will be interest'n to see one in NBRA with stacks!!!..............??????
      Last edited by STEVE FRENCH; 02-01-2013, 02:25 PM.
      100N STEVE FRENCH > Nobody can hang with my STUFF!! >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tna3B5zqHdk

SEEEEEE YAAAAAA!!............In my WAKE!! .............100N>>

Comment

400MH class participation is hurting bad right now and the Mod Commission is doing everything it can to save it Ricky Miller is on board with everything that was discussed, he needs drivers to race against.

350MH is the 5th largest class right now and when the 20 yamato drivers figure out they can bolt on chambers to their engines that class should increase.

Note to Steve French.
        I also figured out how to edit my post after submitting it. I see you removed your wording about "protecting the motor box - Bob".

Also your 25 OMC is allowed to run in 350 MH / 350MR and 400MH . I don't kow what your refering to in the future post that you submit tomorrow at 4:58 am.

BK
        Last edited by 94H; 02-02-2013, 08:13 AM. Reason: Wrong wording.

Comment

Wow BK-Bob!!
          ...Apparently your having the same flashbacks as me to the B-MOD/25MOD divorce and logic behind it I was having!!.......Interesting how easy your gloves come OFF to defend the Yamato dominance of this class and your ability to insure that .......at the National meetings...........I can't afford to attend and question it there.
          https://hydroracer.net/forums/showpos...8&postcount=15

Congratulations on that "D-fence", and your teams continued success at the races they attend.

It has been interesting the races I've watched BMH AND 25-MOD sit on the beach, Puppy-eyed, since (Example-last years Franklin race).

Guess we are both still up to our old tricks....The logic of proposals at National Meet'n and .........ANYONE.......... who questions it.

It will be interesting to watch the STOCK Sidewinder IN BMH......

I will look forward to competing against the Sidewinder MOD version in 400CCH and fallow'n the 25XS (since it landed there?).....Or lead'n it with my 25XS if no other 25MODS show (as I predict will be the case).

As far as "Where have I been".....Since I last support'd BMH at Lock Haven 2009 (before 25MOD was pull'd from the class), and my subsequent crash try'n to stay deck-to-deck(see signature pic below) with Mr. Mock (speel chek John?)..... and my attempted pass going under the bridge, I have been heel'n and pondering my future in 25MOD and APBA.

As far as "No thanks to you".....Your right!!!!.......the last races I have attended we did not have enough 25MODS to have a class!!!

Hopefully the MOD Sidewinder in 400CCH/25MOD will correct that........and someone will propose to run the 25XS probationary, in BMH as was attempted a few years back......Like me when I was asked to be the third rig in BMH with my 25XS at the Winter Nationals at Ocoee 2004(?) and managed a second place finish in the first heet.......(We're were you?)

I was attempting to git back with a rig to handle the higher speeds in 25MOD and 25SSH and hope'd to do so with Mia Fitzsgerald's Altralite/panel built BMH hull ......but I mentioned that future purchase(after income tax return) at Tabor City last Fall and It is gone.......

Time to "Push away from the computer and go do something constuctive"......Like look for another hull for 25MOD/B-1....and fill'n out my NBRA application......and pic'n up MY gloves....

See ya out there Mr BK and best wishes for your teams continued success!.......(still have that tall cold one for Ya).........

PS....Yah, the motor box punch was below da belt and unnessasary........penalty in that round and take off the brass knuckles FRENCH!!...And put yer gloves back ON!!
          Oh, and congrats on improve'n yer edit'n skills BK..........since I did'nt quote ya.....the grounds for this post are lost!...(Thought you were "I'm Going to ignore you" >>me).........Kind'a hard ta CONTROL a hemroid like me that keeps flair'n..... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ks7-A-7Zvak
          And, Thanks for the correction on 25MOD with BMH....I thought after they toss'd the 25lb cement block in our rigs they later managed to divorce us......Guess I could of step'd up so T.J. would of had a BMH run at Franklin last season.

"Question everything with boldness".....Thomas Jefferson+South Park.....
          "Badges? We ain't got no badges. We don't need no badges! I don't have to show you any stinkin' badges!".........."Gold Hat" (portrayed by Alfonso Bedoya) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsdZKCh6RsU

100N>"Hydro-Winer"..."Prattle-Boy">>Steve.........Back to the mushroom cave FRENCH...It's feeding time and turn off the light!!
          Last edited by STEVE FRENCH; 06-14-2013, 03:01 AM.
          100N STEVE FRENCH > Nobody can hang with my STUFF!! >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tna3B5zqHdk

Comment

Steve,your command of the english language never ceases to amaze me. Even though I have no idea what you say on HR, I look forward to seeing you at the races.LOL
            John Runne
            2-Z

Stock Outboard is all about a level playing field.

True parity is one motor per class.

It's RACING, not just another boat ride!

NOT a representative of Racing Outboards LLC.

Comment

Originally posted by csh2z View Post
              Steve,your command of the english language never ceases to amaze me. Even though I have no idea what you say on HR, I look forward to seeing you at the races.LOL
              I studied soap-box-"prattle", gibber'ish, and stir'n the pot, under the Master......Alex,The Mad russian.......

PS..Still kind'a interest'n the numer of views of threads that Alex and I get involved in???????
              Attached Files
              Last edited by STEVE FRENCH; 06-14-2013, 03:05 AM.

Comment

I thought I recognized that writing style!
                John Runne
                2-Z

Stock Outboard is all about a level playing field.

True parity is one motor per class.

It's RACING, not just another boat ride!

NOT a representative of Racing Outboards LLC.

Comment

Originally posted by STEVE FRENCH View Post
                  Wow Bob!!...Apparently your having the same flashbacks as me to the B-MOD/25MOD divorce and logic behind it I was having!!.......Interesting how easy your gloves come off to defend the Yamato dominance of this class and your ability to insure that at the National meetings...........I can't afford to attend and question it there..........

Congratulation on that "D-fence" and and your teams continued success at the races they attend.

It has been interesting the races I've watched BMH AND 25-MOD sit on the beach since (Example-last years Franklin race).

Guess we are both still up to our old tricks....The logic of proposals at National Meet'n and ANYONE.......... who questions it.

It will be interesting to watch the stock Sidewinder IN BMH......

I will look forward to competing against the Sidewinder MOD version in 400CCH and fallow'n the 25XS(since it landed there?).....Or lead'n it with my 25XS if no other 25MODS show (as I predict will be the case).

As far as "Where have I been".....Since I last support'd BMH at Lock Haven 2009 (before 25MOD was pull'd from the class), and my subsequent crash try'n to stay deck-to-deck(see signature pic below) with Mr. Mock (speel chek John?)..... and attempted pass going under the bridge, I have been heel'n and pondering my future in 25MOD and APBA.

As far as "No thanks to you".....Your right!!!!.......the last races I have attended we did not have enough 25MODS to have a class!!!

Hopefully the MOD Sidewinder will prevent that........and someone will ask to run the 25XS in BMH as was attempted a few years back......Like me when I was asked to be the third rig in BMH with my 25XS at the Winter Nationals at Ocoee 2004(?) and managed a second place finish in the first heet.......(We're were you?)

I was attempting to git back with a rig to handle the higher speeds in 25MOD and 25SSH and hope'd to do so with Mia Fitzsgerald's rig......but I mentioned that after income tax return, future, purchase at Tabor City this Fall and It is gone.......

Time to "Push away from the computer and go do something constuctive"......Like look for another hull for 25MOD/B-1....and fill'n out my NBRA application......and pic'n up MY gloves....

See ya out there Mr Kotch and best wishes for your teams continued success!.......(still have that tall cold one for Ya)

"Question everything"...........Jimmy Hendrix........"Dam(N) that freedom of speech".....Adolf Hitler

100N>"Hydro-Winer"..."Prattle-Boy">>Steve.........Back to the mushroom cave FRENCH...It's feeding time and turn off the light!!
                  Steve, I can tell you for sure that not one person on the MORC that voted in favor of added motors to various classes...... "protected their motor box" (including Bob)................contrary to popular believe the MORC does not make decisions without thorough discussion and thoughts and hearing from the non-commission members in the room..........
                  Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

Bump....just because it's such a cool looking engine.

Mike

Comment

Working...
                    X