Kevlar motorcycle pants?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kevlar motorcycle pants?

are kevlar motor cycle pants legal for stock/mod racing?

Does the kevlar go all the way around? As in 100% kevlar coverage?
    carpetbagger

Comment

yes they do,plus they fit alot better!!

Comment

They are certainly legal as long as you wear them under something that is designed for boat racing such as a pair made by, for example, SRP.

Comment

Originally posted by john527 View Post
          are kevlar motor cycle pants legal for stock/mod racing?
          I saw an add for Kevlar clothing made like regular clothes, Is that what they are? Neat idea for riders & you can get shirts socks etc. too.
          Team Tower

Comment

I believe our safety rules require cut resistant clothing in open cock pit competition. With that said you can use just about anything you choose to. There are thousands of great products available and you are not required to purchase through SRP or LIFELINE. I will however add that both of these companies offer quality safety solutions.

Back to the rules and maybe Pat Gleason can address this for me. Cut Resistant? Doesn't a long sleeve tee shirt offer resistance at some level. Again ridiculous to even consider but wouldn't it technically be legal? I need a refresh of safety gear myself so I'd love clarification on my interpretation of the rules.

Comment

I have seen many people race with Kevlar chain saw pants. The chain saw pants I saw, look just like actual Kevlar racing pants, except they are forest green in color.

Comment

kevlar

I am going with the motor cycle pants, they claim to withstand an 80 mile an hour slide on asphalt, you can get them in just about any color you wish including denim, plus you can save a ton $$$$$
                Now if I can find a motor cycle life jacket I will be all set!!

Comment

Working...
                X