No announcement yet.

Not good news for Christmas. Ouch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am going to talk more to him tomorrow. I found out this boat was built in the 1978-1981 time frame so it has been around. The owner has decided to go with a new boat but I will find out if he still wants to keep this one..
    Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

Karelsen restore

I recently restored a Karelsen built in 1982 for the 25ssh class, got it from Ron Selewach (sp, Mr Sidewinder). All plywood still solid and weighed in at around 120 lbs with hardware. There were a few minor cracks I delt with but no ply replace, varnish shot and thus a lot of sanding and wood bleach to get the ply to look good with clear. I run it at AOMCI meets with a 25ss and a
      Y80, solid boat. This boat must have been stored in the dry. The 160 lbs you state for the Karelsen hull you have for a boat no bigger than mine is excessive and could be alot of work to fix up. But might be worth it for the owner if it has sentimental meaning?

Post some full shots please.
      "Keep Move'n" life is catching up!
      No man's life, liberty or property are safe while the legislature is in session.

Comment

built my karelsen feh,,, only 2 yeras old,,,,, was and is the latest greatest out of the shop... i also have the orig karelsen plans for 20ssh to dsh,,, at home,,,,

Comment

Old Karelsen

It's back, yes this is the same boat.

Quote from the new owner "Weight was 193 pounds fully rigged"
          Attached Files
          Last edited by PRO-MOTIONRACING; 09-18-2013, 12:00 PM.

Comment

My Hemp is 27 years old, I can even show it at Antique and Classic Boat Society ACBS! Epoxy is a wonderful thing.

Comment

Working...
            X