Arrive and Drive programs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by krazy karl View Post
    8 mpg, what the heck were you driving? Time to visit the dealership and get a diesel pickup. My old Cummins Dodge got 14.5mpg from Calif to Top 'O with a 3500# high profile camper and the Sorensen Team boat trailer.
    LOOK CLOSELY..Motorhome towing a 22 foot trailer!! We have two diesel PU's also
    Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

Fast Jack. I think you missed the point that the "arrive and drive" program could take the same money APBA invested in "social media" to put, ready to go, race rigs at boat racing events. My thoughts were that if someone cared enough to actually show up at a boat race, you might be interested enough to throw down some money and try it out. Not read about it one day on the Internet and say "that might be cool" and forget about it. I am talking about fish in a barrel. Not, maybe when I get around to it. I have no dog in the fight, just trying to help out.

Comment

Dan it all depends on where you live as to how much income people have to spend. The area around DC is a high dollar area I did custom woodworking in houses there that started at 500,00.00 and went up to 5 million and they didnt bat an eye to pay me 50,000 to a 100,000 for work they wanted done in there houses. The economy may be ok in some places but in a lot of others people are just hanging on.
        Destiny is a matter of chance,it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.

Comment

For a kart arrive and drive program you get a huge amount of track time. After a week end like they are giving you for $2500, your ribs will ache for a two weeks... Just say'n... Note that there was also a mechanic and an engineer provided for support for each kart.

A single class boat race of three laps doesn't come close in terms of perceived or real value. Karting at that level is actually a pretty good deal if you can afford it.

Boat racing is, in general a pretty cost effective sport, but it's somewhat like autocross in that unless you run a bunch of classes (which jacks up the cost) you don't get a lot of seat time. Or to put it another way the seat time/$ isn't a good a deal. In autocross you get typically 5 minutes of track time per day and that's about what you get in a single boat race class.

What gets expensive is the travel and hotel costs, since the races, at least in the midwest are pretty spread out, you have to travel and the towing costs, along with the time that you have to take to do the traveling makes it harder for people that work to get to a race and back home and to work by Monday morning.

Comment

In region 11, an interested person can show up, put down a $100 bill and after some instruction and a practice lap or two can drive a NorCal 400 in two heats with other novices. If there are enough drivers in Norcal that day and they finish high enough, get to drive in a 3 lap final to boot. Mostly that is the end of it but we snag one once in awhile. It doesn't cost the region too much, mainly to find someone to tow the boats to a race and some routine maintenance and storage in the off season.
            kk

Comment

The best bet is to test a lot, you get a lot of boat time with a plus you run better and can finish higher in a race that way.
              Destiny is a matter of chance,it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.

Comment

Working...
              X