Arrive and Drive programs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arrive and Drive programs

This is a program all powerboat racing categories should look at.

Top Kart USA is now offering Arrive and Drive programs for the 2013 Florida Winter Tour Rotax and Formula Kart Series! Call or Email your reservations today!
    Attached Files
    HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

When you consider the cost of hauling a 20 foot enclosed trailer from coast to coast and all the cost in-between this actually is not a bad deal at all. Translate this same idea into powerboat racing and the possibilities are endless. Plus its a revenue generator.

Just think how this type of investment could have benefited the APBA vs the money being spend with Crown Partners and office staff.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by HRTV; 12-06-2012, 09:22 PM.
    HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Comment

Let an APBA Truck pull up to the race site with 5 Pro boats and 5 SO MOD boats and I bet you there will be plenty of dads and young guys in line with a credit card ready to charge $2999 or maybe even drop the price to $2000 or $2500

Its a whole lot cheaper then putting together an entire race team for the season. When you West Coast guys come east what the gas tab for the round trip?
      HTML Code:

Comment

Dan we went last year from the very western part of Montana to Illinois last summer towing our 22 foot trailer with motorhome and the fuel bill was $2200.The distance was 4000 miles round trip..

I like the idea
        Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

Arrive & drive program for kids sail boats

The McLaughlin boat co. charter program for the Optimist junior sailing. Looking at the number of events they cover it is quite sucessful.
          http://optistuff.com/store/index.php...page=page&id=1
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by blueskyracer View Post
            Dan we went last year from the very western part of Montana to Illinois last summer towing our 22 foot trailer with motorhome and the fuel bill was $2200.The distance was 4000 miles round trip..

I like the idea
            8 mpg, what the heck were you driving? Time to visit the dealership and get a diesel pickup. My old Cummins Dodge got 14.5mpg from Calif to Top 'O with a 3500# high profile camper and the Sorensen Team boat trailer.

Comment

I just asked my guys (boat business). What they would be willing to pay to show up and drive. (these guys have all been to the boat races and 1 has raced). I described it as what the kart guys are offering but in boat racing terms (for 1 full weekend). All my guys make pretty darn good money and have quite a bit of disposable income. They said they would expect to pay between $300-$500. Don't get me wrong I think this is a great idea but, I'm not sure that the market will bear even $2,000 for a weekend.... Bryan Tharp

Comment

Originally posted by propfxrO84 View Post
                I just asked my guys (boat business). What they would be willing to pay to show up and drive. (these guys have all been to the boat races and 1 has raced). I described it as what the kart guys are offering but in boat racing terms (for 1 full weekend). All my guys make pretty darn good money and have quite a bit of disposable income. They said they would expect to pay between $300-$500. Don't get me wrong I think this is a great idea but, I'm not sure that the market will bear even $2,000 for a weekend.... Bryan Tharp
                Hey Bryan,

Good info, even at $500 a pop its a win win investment.
                HTML Code:

Comment

Originally posted by propfxrO84 View Post
                  I think you hit the nail right on the head. Great idea but has to be affordable to the average guy. Give them a cheep taste and they will be addicted. (works for the drug dealers)

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Bill 96D View Post
                    I think you hit the nail right on the head. Great idea but has to be affordable to the average guy. Give them a cheep taste and they will be addicted. (works for the drug dealers)
                    You might be surprise to find out just how much disposal money kids have. You would be shocked to see the numbers young people are spending on cell phone service and other pricey gadgets. I see young guys in my local Apple store all the time dropping 2-3 K like its nothing. Imac's PowerBooks etc..
                    HTML Code:

Comment

Originally posted by HRTV View Post
                      You might be surprise to find out just how much disposal money kids have. You would be shocked to see the numbers young people are spending on cell phone service and other pricey gadgets. I see young guys in my local Apple store all the time dropping 2-3 K like its nothing. Imac's PowerBooks etc..
                      The stuff at the apple store lasts more than a weekend.

Comment

The more I have thought about this today, the better it sounds. APBA might work this out using the spec yamato class. Big problem would be at least 1 full time employee that is VERY experienced, and at least 2 more paid employees to set things up on race weekends. The other is the semi rig, or 53' trailer behind a SportChassis. the boats and motors are the cheap part. In my humble opinion THAT would be money well spent. And hey, if things didn't work out for some reason, you could recover the majority of the money you spent. BT

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Bill 96D View Post
                          The stuff at the apple store lasts more than a weekend.
                          Doesn't matter Im just saying dont buy that old line about how broke people are. Yes many folks are still hurting but in my part of the country I see people spending cash every day like its water pouring out of the faucet.

I have been accused of coming on here all the time and preaching doom and gloom so Im just saying.... its not all that bad and there are people out there with the disposable cash.
                          Last edited by HRTV; 12-07-2012, 04:20 PM.
                          HTML Code:

Comment

Does Unlimited have such a program?
                            I would be willing to drive one for that $500 figure, maybe everyone could chip in, what do you say?

Comment

Dan , Perhaps you could run this as a private enterprise, Apba would not have to be innvolved, Getting new racers would be the reward. You could invest - say - 10 boats $35000.oo 10 motors$ 26000. Patrs , props , Karts , Kevlar , $15000. and a $200000.Tow package . a couple employees and make $$$ 5000. on a good weekend. Sounds like this would do more for Racing than Crown Partners !!

Comment

Working...
                              X