Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waders

Barry
    Great pics of your dad...........but he must have forgot to pack the waders that day!!.........

Comment

Barry

Barry sorry for your lost.He met a lot to all of us, Philip DiFebo FEBY'S RACING TEAM

Comment

Dick Rees

Originally posted by Heliarc View Post
        Some of you knew my Dad, Dick Rees. And some of you not only knew him, but also raced with him in Stock Outboard runabout and hydro.

Dad always had one project or another in progress. That's just the way he was - always busy building something or fixing something. He would work on almost anything. Additionally, he has built many race boats over the last 60+ years. He built his first race boat when I was a baby. Today I'm 64. He has even built a number of racing boats including classic reproductions since he retired from racing over 20 years ago. As a matter of fact, 2 years ago at 82 years young, he built himself a picklefork hydro to run his recently acquired KG-4H. He was incredible.

Early yesterday afternoon while working on a new project, Dad experienced a brain aneurysm and was air lifted to Lehigh Valley Hospital in Allentown, PA. They have an amazing staff at Lehigh. But as skilled as they are, there was sadly nothing that they could do to help my Dad. The damage was simply too great. Dad peacefully passed this morning into the loving arms of God. I'm going to miss him.

Schumacher & Benner Funeral Home
        359 King Street
        Pottstown, PA 19464

Friday, December 7th.
        Viewing: 10:00 am -11:00 am.
        Service: 11:00 am.
        Burial following service.

Barry
        Barry,

I'm so sorry to hear of your father's passing. Dick O'Dea sent an e-mail & now I see your post. My condolensces.

John

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Dagostino View Post
          Barry
          Great pics of your dad...........but he must have forgot to pack the waders that day!!.........
          Yes, that is definitely a rare sight seeing him around a racing boat without waders. But don't worry, Matt, I assure you that at most of the other test sessions in recent years the waders were worn just as they were decades ago.

Comment

Barry so sorry to here the loss of your dad a great and generous man. When he took me under his wing in the early 70's I had no idea how he would influence my racing carer. So many memories to many to post but probably the best one 72 nationals in Cedar Radids your dad didn't qualify but I did and he offered me his best engine for the finals. For some reason he thought I could win it all something I will never forget. Your dad was the best and be really missed. Barry Byers

Comment

A sincere heart-felt thank you to everyone that came yesterday. It meant a lot to all of us.

Comment

Barry:
                Let me add that I am saddened to hear about your Dad. He was truely a class act and respected by all. He helped me in so may ways. He raced agianst my Brother Jim and if memory serves me maybe our Dad Doc Tower. My thoughts go to you and Olga.
                Safety Rich- Your Safety is my business

Comment

It never seemed to matter much to Dick where he finished in points ( from-year-to-year ), he was the epitome of consistency , if there ever was: a TRUE Gentleman..!
                  An "AU groupie-rookie" was I, at races I recall, and will never forget , especially are Collingswood, NJ and Weequahic Park ( Newark NJ ). I'd gladly lend a hand helping to "waders" Dick , down those slippery-slopes to launch and retrieve his black , lead-lined, Richcraft in hopes of learning a speed secret, as Buddy Pinto hadn't yet patented the race-boat dolly. One of Dick's fav quotes to me was; -" B's and D's go pretty much the same speed, except you get to have more fun carrying the extra-weight around..!" My condoleces to Barry and Olga. Tom Glock 76-J

Comment

Remembering Dick Rees

Barry

Just learned of your Dad's passing. My boys and I have wonderfully fond memories of our association with this remarkable gentleman.

When my two sons and I were running DSR, we had a number of very spirited competitions with him. Later, I bought what I think was his last 13' DSR and ran it with great success in Virginia---it's still going strong up in Maine.

Not only was your Dad a formidable force on the water, he was also the very first person to greet us a a race site and to offer whatever help we needed including tuning and set-up guidance---a rare example of sharing especially when DSR was a major class with 10 boat fields not unusual.

I know you are proud of what he stood for and we want you to know how memorable was our association with this icon of the sport!!

Our Very Best To You,

Craig Murden
                    Wilmington, NC

Comment

Working...
                    X