Whitney Point Wins 2013 Nationals Bid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Top O'

Does anyone know dates of the Marathon Nationals?
    It sounds pretty close to the traditional weekend... but I could be wrong
    Elek Hutchinson
    36M

Comment

usually the marathon nationals are the week after the stock nationals

Comment

Originally posted by PittmanRacing View Post
        Hello All,

Please be very careful in deciding on the dates for Nationals going forward. In the state of Indiana, schools are moving closer to a year-round calendar. As such, many schools are starting in the first week of August. If nationals are one week earlier, we and many others may not be able to attend.

Paul
        it is not just the start of school to watch out for but camps as well. We had several high schoolers miss Grass Lake this year because of sports/band camps.
        Support your local club and local races.

Bill Pavlick

I'm just glad I'm not Michael Mackey - BPIII

Comment

Five day nationals

This has not been determined, but I predict that the NBRA Nationals will be the 2,3, and 4th at Centralia, Il. For those who would like to go to the two best races in the U.S., it is really hard to fit this in those dates. It is what it is, but we would like to make them both. Sunday is usually set up day and testing on Monday at the APBA nationals. We will make both, but driving all night is just not as fun as it use to be....

Comment

Not something to worry about IMO

Everyone has to determine their own priorities. If a camp is more important than a nationals then scheduling probably won't change things. Besides, how in the world would you figure out when all the camps are, my bet is there is one every week of the summer.

Originally posted by BP125V View Post
            it is not just the start of school to watch out for but camps as well. We had several high schoolers miss Grass Lake this year because of sports/band camps.
            Moby Grape Racing
            "Fast Boats Driven Hard"

Comment

Camp

What next...we have to worry Joey going to scout camp? Come on people...we do the best we can with this stuff date wise.

Comment

It's pretty simple

It is pretty clear, anything moving into august has a much higher chance of conflicting with other non-racing requirement. July is far more flexible for most with the last week being closer to the dates nationals are traditionally held. If the dates are August 5-10, don't be shocked by a lower predictable turnout.

Paul

Comment

Sports camps are all Summer. I spent the last 9 years watching my kid at them. Its there choice i would guess..Camp or the nationals. When it comes to school, its obvious, School is the number one choice. But once School becomes full year ( I have been hearing this for years ) There isnt anything APBA can do. Set the Nationals dates who ever comes, comes. As for a bad turn out? Hey regions have already started to think 65-75 boats are a big race.
                  sigpicWayne DiGiacomo

Comment

The dates may be the 29th thru the 3rd which is right after Depue also. We are getting with the park now to determine what they will allow. I'll keep you posted.

Comment

It would be nice if APBA & NBRA would talk about schedule

We also like to attend both of the NBRA and APBA nationals. If there could be conversation to avoid conflicting schedules, it would be for the best of boat racing. Does everyone know how to contact each other?

Comment

Pro Nationals

My assumption on the Pro Nationals next year is July 24-28th as they always start finals on the last Friday of July, with the 24th and 25th being the two test days.

Ray

Comment

Working...
                        X