Marathon Boat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marathon Boat

I am putting together a new marathon boat. One of the things on my bucket list is to run Top O' one more time with this new boat. My last C boat had a fuel tank that I originally set up for a D so I was able to carry more than enough fuel. The tank in this boat will impact driver space so I want to keep it as small as possible. How much fuel do I need to carry to comfortably finish? My motor has the small stock tank.
    kk
    Attached Files

I have two three gallon tanks and standard Yamato tank and it is more than needed. I had around a gallon and a half left over the last few years. Five gallons, maybe slightly more should do it.I personally would not want a tank in the cockpit with me, but can understand that it may be the option available to one outfitting an existing runabout. A few guys run a single, narrow tank down the center of the cockpit and like it. I have a hard time with that myself, I like all the room I can get for wrestling across Mullet Lake. But....in the name of making the race...do what you must.
    Either way, we will save a spot for your tent out at the 'Kamp'. Bring it!

Comment

Oh. BTW. Nice looking boat. Get a cowling on that thing if you can. It can keep a lot of water out of the boat when you stuff a wave. But you know that.

Comment

Originally posted by kampkurz View Post
        Oh. BTW. Nice looking boat. Get a cowling on that thing if you can. It can keep a lot of water out of the boat when you stuff a wave. But you know that.
        Thanks Mark. Just finished the paint and some of the hardware. I will put on some kind of windshield, much like my last boat. I am shooting for this next summer but we have to wait and see how everything shakes out.

Comment

Working...
        X