Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

turn fin placement

Originally posted by Boatboy88 View Post
    The turn fin is on the left sponson. What are the air traps? I am sure that the boat doesn't have them.
    Can't see from the pics but the fin blade needs to be farther outboard than the rear deck outer edge to prevent spray off the fin from hitting the left non trip chine and causing the boat to lift on the left side and dig in the right side. I would shoot for the fin to be about 2" min beyond the rear deck outside edge.

Also there appears to be a lot of deck ply that transisitions from the outer sponson deck edge back to the rear deck outer edge. This could also interfere with the spray off the fin. Easy fix, cut some of this away for free fin spray. You can match cut on the right side for aesthics if desired. Test on turns before cutting.
    "Keep Move'n" life is catching up!
    No man's life, liberty or property are safe while the legislature is in session.

Comment

Well I went to go buy that kg4h and I came back with 2 kg7hs and the kg4h
      I'll let y'all know how the boat runs
      Dan Scheda

Comment

Originally posted by Boatboy88 View Post
        Well I went to go buy that kg4h and I came back with 2 kg7hs and the kg4h
        I'll let y'all know how the boat runs
        Dan Scheda
        Hit the jackpot!!!

Comment

Jackpot

Nice job on getting a few extra motors. The boat you pictured is a Glenn L tiny Titan, I had the same boat until last year. Never ran it with the quickie lower unit, and only got hgih 30's to low 40s with fishing lower unit on a kg4.
          When it comes to boat racing and the wife, it's easier to ask for forgiveness than it is permission, and of course I spent a number of nights sleeping on the couch!

Comment

I refinished that boat last winter because when I bought it it was in hurting shape. I have high hopes for the boat with the motors.

Comment

Racing

If after your trials, you feel that you enjoy the performance of the boat, I would highly recommend that you look at the local Stock Outboard club in your area. I started with the same boat, and went thru racer school over here in Michigan, and ending up racing in 20SSH for the past 2 years. It's fun to go whipping around the lake but getting out racing against 11 others gives you an adrenaline rush like non other. I'm sure responses to the post can help you steer in the right direction! Be safe and have fun!
              MD
              When it comes to boat racing and the wife, it's easier to ask for forgiveness than it is permission, and of course I spent a number of nights sleeping on the couch!

Comment

Originally posted by dndsam View Post
                Dan,

You may want to set your steering up so you can tie it down off the side of the boat near the rear of the transom as depicted in the picture of my B hydro, highlighted in yellow. It will create a more secure steering feel and will help keep your boat steering straight easier will less feedback from the motor.

Air traps run from the end of the sponson tapered towards the back of the boat. Some boats have full traps that run all the way to the transom of the boat like depicted on my boat. Some boats have partial air traps that run part of the way. These air traps help create lift of boat to decrease resistance and increase speed. I hope this helps.
                Is that a Sid Craft? Looks sweet!
                Bob

Comment

Working...
                X