Quincy race

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quincy race

Had a great race at Quincy this weekend, over 90 entries for a local race with $0 prize or tow money. Finished today at 3:30 and everybody was on the way home early. Not one driver in the water and some great races each day in the 9 classes we ran. Unfortunately I couldn't drive due to the accident I had at centrailia but my replacement driver Jeff Ruth did a great job. A big thanks to all of the drivers for making it an easy weekend for my first time refereeing. Sounds like NBRA is thriving and I am very proud to be a part of it.
    Last edited by kampenracing; 09-16-2012, 07:37 PM.
    Keith Kampen

Oda

Also very proud of all the ODA for all of the effort everyone put in to pull this race off. We were very short handed on the judges stand and still everything went off without a hitch!!!!!
    Keith Kampen

Comment

One mor thing

Those of you who live in Illinois who didn't support this race really missed a great race that was not far from your house!!!!!!
      Keith Kampen

Comment

Congrats Keith!
        Gardner Miller
        Lone Star Outboard Racing Association

"Water is for racing. Asphalt is for the parking lot."
        Rember....Freedom isn't...."Free".......

Comment

race behind the Race

Braxton Miller is in a race with Kevin McAffee for the high point champion of NBRA. Braxton came into the race 900 points behind Kevin. Both had great days, but Braxton came out 700 points ahead after two days of hard racing. Braxton has an advantage because he races four classes and Kevin three. It will all come down to the race in Jackboro, Tx. where things can get a little tense..Let's all get down to Jackboro and support the guys that have got a pretty good site..Thanks Keith for the beauty days and races at Quincy.

Comment

Quincy!

Great race, great weather and a whole lot of thanks to the ODA folks for their hard work and making for a very enjoyable weekend.The NBRA folks are part of the best club in the country. Everyone is there to enjoy the sport and with the hard work a number of members have put forward we can only grow the club and the sport. I think the best feature for me was meeting Gene East and picking up a C Looper. Doc! It is my understanding that this will be a legal C MOD engine next season.

Alan
            Last edited by OldRacerBU; 09-17-2012, 10:48 AM.

Comment

I would like to thank Art & Keith Kampen for allowing me to drive there equipment , for me it was a great learning curve, some really fast stuff they have , Kudos for the great racing and good time
              Jeff

Comment

Great job Keith, Art, and the ODA! It was a fun race even though all mechanical issues. Sorry Alan I didn't get the C mod merc out. Dad decided to break my E before I got down there. So I had to test the D and the other E. Thanks Burt for letting dad run the super E, glad he got a good boat ride! Hope to see everyone a lot more next year!

Comment

Sure was a nice weekend and good support at Quincy, prize money is nice but not required to have a good race. Big thanks to Dave & Pam and all of the Quincy Crew for organizing things and making the race at Twin Oaks a great time.

Comment

Huge Thanks

Even though the weekend did not go as well as it could have for me, the fun I had was second to none. This was my first trip to the birthplace of the Quincy Loopers. What a place. I think I want to buy that house next to the pits and live there !!

We drove by 5th and State Street and took some pics of the Quincy Welding building. As I walked the sidewalk thinking of all the big names that probably walked that same sidewalk, I decided my name was not nearly big enough and stepped onto the grass ! After reading all the history on Boat Racing Facts.com and here on HR from gene East, and others, seeing the pics of the place, it all came together as I stood there looking at what might be the most memorable and historic site in Quincy, and all of boat racing. I know I was in awe.

Thanks to everyone for proving once again you know how to make a race fun and VERY competitive !
                    Dave Mason
                    Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Great comments Dave! Our racing is fun! I'm glad to hear so many had such a good time. Isn't it great that we can have a race and enjoy ourselves and not have a constant drone about the rules and their enforcement or lack there of. Some want to draw up a rule for every situation, print it, and then go for more resulting in an unprinted rule book that is little read or understood. I find that the NBRA rule book gets the job done and we go to race and have fun. Last time I checked, that's what it was all about. Jack
                      Last edited by Jack Stotts; 09-18-2012, 09:54 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X