DSR or 25SSR marathon question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DSR or 25SSR marathon question.

Never been in either.What one would be easier on the knees? LOL Looking to do the marathon series next year and would like some input on both classes.I am talking about the 25SSR with the 25xs merc.Thanks
    Bob

Over the years I've run a few marathons to include Top O with a 25XS and Thousand Islands New Youk with a DU (obviously some time ago on this one) and found little differance in the toll on the body. A good kneeling pad of closed cell foam firmly attached to the floor board in multiple places is the answer in both. The D may be a slightly harder ride due to the little higher speed but then the D boat is usually somewhat bigger than the 25XS boat. Kind of evens out. Go for it. You'll have a ball and come away with memories of a lifetime. Jack

Comment

Originally posted by KG4 View Post
      Never been in either.What one would be easier on the knees? LOL Looking to do the marathon series next year and would like some input on both classes.I am talking about the 25SSR with the 25xs merc.Thanks
      I would take the DSR ride if it were me

Gootz

Comment

My son Charlie ran 25 in a 12' boat with a restricted 302 Yamato. Great ride and as fast as the C boats. Won 3 years in a row. Now he runs a D and loves the ride and speed. He weighs 130#, so we have to add about 30# of lead to the boat. Still fast.

Comment

Thanks for the input guys.I forgot to add i weigh 190 pounds.Thanks again.
          Bob

Comment

I have raced the 25SSR with the main focus on marathons for many years. Based on your size, the D will be a better boat. The extra weight and boat size/speed will make an easier ride. I have used a "D" size boat for quite a few years at Top O and Trenton and the ride is much better than my smaller boats. Have fun.

Comment

No doubt the larger boat will give you the better ride. The speed difference in a D marathon and 25 marathon is minimal... but the extra 2-3 feet of boat will make the ride better.

Comment

When I ran Top O' a few years ago in a C, the D's went by me on top of the surf while I was being beaten to death. I don't know what happened when they came upon the occasional mega roller that will appear from time to time. I remember one point where I was starting a trip to the moon but fortunately I returned to earth right side up. Run a D.
                kk

Comment

Thanks guys.D it is.
                  Bob

Comment

Bob, I know you've been trying to make this happen for some time now. I hope it works out for you next year. The D ride is better than other classes, but why are you ruling out the C class? Usually, they run the same size boat as a D, and the motor is MUCH more affordable. There's a good reason the C class is so popular.

Comment

Bob if you drive it like you stole it they ride like a dream
                      mike ross

Comment

Would the Dillon mini v be legal for CSR marathon?
                        Bob

Comment

I really like the looks of the hull and i think it would run good with a 302.
                          Attached Files
                          Bob

Comment

http://www.dillon-racing.com/custome...nson/index.htm Here is one with a yamato on it.
                            Bob

Comment

It would need to be at least 11' 5" long and no cross steps in the bottom.
                              A boat that you kneel in & can move your weight around would be a better ride.

Comment

Working...
                              X