If You're Ever In Waldoboro Maine ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If You're Ever In Waldoboro Maine ...

If you ever find yourself in Waldoboro Maine, make it a point to look up Stetson & Pinkham Marine, try to scare up someone around the yard and ask 'em to see the race motors.

I did just that today and had the privilege of spending and hour or so with a a full set of Mercurys, Martins and others all on display in a museum style setting along with tons of articles, newspaper clippings, photos, magazines and books, both local stuff and national. Quite an impressive collection and very well put together. I particularly like seeing pictures and reading the articles on the Albany to New York Marathon and the San Diego Marathon.

A couple years ago, in Hubbardton VT. I sat near Hank Runne at the Sat. night dinner and loved his stories about Albany to New York, to see the pictures, with the number of boats .... and hulls styles, I am even more impressed.

All in all it capped off a very nice, windows-down, day-off drive up the Maine coast

Here's just a few pictures, as this stuff isn't mine.

The wall with the most recent engines, the 20H conversion (that I can remember Mike Kelleher running in the 80's) and an article from 1930 from my local newspaper where they broke 4 world records in one day on a lake located about 5 miles from my house.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by 5-A; 09-14-2012, 08:47 PM.

Is that Lincoln Davis's collection?

Comment

Yes -

You're in South Portland?

Comment

Very nice! I am partial to the KG4 my self.LOL
        Bob

Comment

Yes I do live in South Portland. Lincoln is one of the Mercury marine instructors
          at their Laconia training center.

Comment

Working...
          X