Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Region 3 J Program

Hi: Racing Family

Region 3 had a J Program at Lockhaven this Sun. We had 6 young drivers who were able to get on the water in a J Hydro. You could see the anticipation in their bright young eyes. Billy Allen, Craig Bowman and other region 3, 4 and 6 J drivers and Old racing guys gave them a pre run instruction session. Our first drivers starts. And for myself, I had butterflies from my toes to my head. Which shore will he run into, will he get around the course safe, when he comes into pits will he hit the wall or pit crew.

What did I do. Well I should have had more faith in Billy and his instructors and I should have put more faith in these young drivers. They all acted like they had been doing it for a year. Not one did not get on plane or even have trouble getting on plane, only one stopped on the race course. All the drivers followed instructions in entering or leaving pits. I can not say anything, but, a great job done by all.

As for the Racing Family of drivers present at Lockhaven, Pa. Young J drivers and Old drivers talked to the new guys. Racers talked to Parents. Bugsy David’s was the test pilot. Katlin Glossiner did a run to show how it done. AJ Jennings put the restrictor plate in motor and Richard Runne was in water making sure the motor ran and a group of racers made sure that all were dressed in cut suit and helmet. Now that was what was the hardest of all. Try fitting 6 young drivers.

I am going to list all that helped us with a lower price or donated equipment to this program.

Brown Tool donated a complete set of hardware.

Craig Dewald a J test prop.

Jill, Katlin and Scott Glossiner donated the J Hydro

And to all those Racing Family members that donated cut suits, pants, life jackets and helmets.

I am sure I have missed somebody that helped If I have, I say to all of the Racing Family that made this possible, a round of thanks.

Bill Walker

Jim Shotwell

Jim Tower

Awesome job guys! This is what's going to keep our sport alive and growing!

Can you imagine if this was done at each race with J's, A's, or 20/C's? Even if your club only hold three races, that's 18 people that your club can get new people into a raceboat - and I'll be willing to bet out of that 18, at least 6 would want to race in the future, if not more.

Do any of the J's that went through this show interest in racing next year?

Kudos to all involved on this one!
    -Elek Hutchinson
    Past MHRA Racer School Grad
    Elek Hutchinson
    36M

Comment

Elek,

They are slated to race at our next event in Berwick, PA as Jim Tower is putting together 3 J hydros. It should be awesome.
      Last edited by 3rd Chance; 09-06-2012, 08:14 AM.
      Shawn Breisacher

Comment

Interest?

Received this last night from Aaron Fausey, one of the young participants, who lives up the hill right behind the pits. He has also helped us in the pits for the past few years.

10:22pm Sep 5

Hey Gary do u yo know of any place that I could maybe find a cheap boat or a boat that just needs fixed up a little? Ever since I drove that boat on Sunday I wanna try to find one. Its so fun I hope I can find one.

Comment

J Program Region 3

Yes. The program will give the J Hydro rig to a interested driver, from those in the Berwick program, for one year to race free of charge. We have three more rigs, two Hydro's and a runabout. We will have one more hydro ready for Berwick 2012 and the rest for next year.

To all who have spare hardware:

We are in need of two more throttle's and kill switches to get the boats ready. If you have any spare hardware and would like to donate to us it would help us. Please E-mail me at jt118P@pa.metrocast.net

I have forgot to thank Spud Hemp for his support of the J program. He has build and sent us three gas tanks at no charge. This is the kind of support the boat racing family is made of. Thank you Spud. And he has a W on his boat not a P.

Jim Tower 118P
          Last edited by jtower3941; 09-06-2012, 06:07 AM.

Comment

Thank you dad

Also I would like to thank my dad for all his patience and hard work on this program and with me and my own racing program with out you it wouldnt have been possible. love ya dad
            PJ
            PJ
            118-P
            If your not fast, your food
            TEAM TOWER
            RUNABOUT DIVISION
            Suck it up buddy its only three laps (John Runne)

Comment

Originally posted by xcsp700 View Post
              Also I would like to thank my dad for all his patience and hard work on this program and with me and my own racing program with out you it wouldnt have been possible. love ya dad
              PJ

I will second PJ. Jim has been helping me in my rookie year, my mentor. Many trips to Lake Carey for testing, and always there at the races, rope around his neck, butt deep, ready to pull.

I am seeing the J program in Region III transforming into an A, B, & C Riders School Program like the Michigan boys. That would be great.

Thanks Jim
              Last edited by mark5pa; 09-06-2012, 01:32 PM.
              Mark 55P
              Team Tower
              Hydroplane Division

Comment

Berwick J Project

Originally posted by 3rd Chance View Post
                Elek,

The J project has been a team project with Bill Walker getting equipment together and is the man who has been in contact with the Boro of Berwick and the boat race Oct. 12 and 13, 2012 Bill has made many trips up from fla. to continue the project. Jim Shotwell is the boat builder and provides the shop where all the work is being done on the boats, motor and equipment. It takes a team to make this go.

They are slated to race at our next event in Berwick, PA as Jim Tower is putting together 3 J hydros. It should be awesome.
                Hi: Racing Family

Region 3 had a J Program at Lockhaven this Sun. We had 6 young drivers who were able to get on the water in a J Hydro. You could see the anticipation in their bright young eyes. Billy Allen, Craig Bowman and other region 3, 4 and 6 J drivers and Old racing guys gave them a pre run instruction session. Our first drivers starts. And for myself, I had butterflies from my toes to my head. Which shore will he run into, will he get around the course safe, when he comes into pits will he hit the wall or pit crew.

What did I do. Well I should have had more faith in Billy and his instructors and I should have put more faith in these young drivers. They all acted like they had been doing it for a year. Not one did not get on plane or even have trouble getting on plane, only one stopped on the race course. All the drivers followed instructions in entering or leaving pits. I can not say anything, but, a great job done by all.

As for the Racing Family of drivers present at Lockhaven, Pa. Young J drivers and Old drivers talked to the new guys. Racers talked to Parents. Bugsy David’s was the test pilot. Katlin Glossiner did a run to show how it done. AJ Jennings put the restrictor plate in motor and Richard Runne was in water making sure the motor ran and a group of racers made sure that all were dressed in cut suit and helmet. Now that was what was the hardest of all. Try fitting 6 young drivers.

I am going to list all that helped us with a lower price or donated equipment to this program.

Brown Tool donated a complete set of hardware.

Craig Dewald a J test prop.

Jill, Katlin and Scott Glossiner donated the J Hydro

And to all those Racing Family members that donated cut suits, pants, life jackets and helmets.

I am sure I have missed somebody that helped If I have, I say to all of the Racing Family that made this possible, a round of thanks.

Bill Walker

Jim Shotwell

Jim Tower

Comment

Working...
                X