Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Board of Directors Elections - What Is Your Plan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Board of Directors Elections - What Is Your Plan?

In an effort to not interrupt the thrilling conversation going on in another thread, I feel that this is a good time to find out what platform/plan/thoughts our members running for election of the Board of Directors actually have.

Dana Holt brought up a great point that in a one page double sided mailer sent out from APBA the only thing we know about those running are their racing background - nothing more. Does each member really have to call or write those running individually? (I know last year Chris Fairchild actually wrote a letter stating his plans while running for BOD, the only that I've received in 5 years of being an APBA member from someone running for BOD)

I realize that some people do not like posting on this site, so I will also post a similar thread at the APBA Social Site so as to not exclude anyone running.

Those who are seriously running as a write-in candidate should post here also and what their platform/plan/opinions are of the sport.

So...

Dan Bunting, what is your plan to revitalize APBA?

Chris Fairchild, what is your plan to revitalize APBA?

R. Steven Hearn, what is your plan to revitalize APBA?

Dan Kanfoush, what is your plan to revitalize APBA?

David Shaw, what is your plan to revitalize APBA?

Mark Wheeler, what is your plan to revitalize APBA?

Howard Shaw, what is your plan to revitalize APBA?

Rick Sandstrom, what is your plan to revitalize APBA?

Mike Jones, what is your plan to revitalize APBA?
    Last edited by Hutch06; 08-27-2012, 08:02 PM.
    Elek Hutchinson
    36M

I lied, I will post this on apba-racing.com's social forum tomorrow morning from work as I cannot get my internet explorer to work correctly on APBA Social.
    Elek Hutchinson
    36M

Comment

Racing

All I want do do is race my stupid D stock hydro at a race....have fun racing, be with my friends....and go home safe and sound. How freaking hard can it be...honestly..how hard can it be.

Comment

Originally posted by daveracerdsh View Post
        All I want do do is race my stupid D stock hydro at a race....have fun racing, be with my friends....and go home safe and sound. How freaking hard can it be...honestly..how hard can it be.
        What he said.
        Michael J. Mackey
        Lola Boatwerks Factory Foreman
        Pavlick Race Boats Factory Driver
        Yamato Aficionado
        21-V

Comment

Mad Russian for President - Write him in !!

ANTI APBA RANTS MUST STOP.... in the meantime, the flogging will continue until the MORALE IMPROVES !!!!!

Now boys... & girls let's get back to: Who are we gonna vote for to direct APBA?

And, before y'all thin-skinnders and rant-suppressors get even more pizzed... the reason I'm posing this question here on HR is because maybe (not likely tho) there is someone out there in the fringe of the boat racing community who might want to join and straighten things out.

Having just read the APBA NEWS.... I see this guy Alex Poliakoff on the front page... he seems like a nice guy, races D hydro, builds the Tohatsu RAM50 race engine package, a Viet Nam vet, an American citizen, has an Old Goat decal on his wrecked hydro, is sponsored by Victoria Secret ("push up or hush up"), and doesn't appear to have enough to do....So, I'm going to write him in.

(name withheld by request of the Mad Russian)

Comment

Originally posted by ram95 View Post
            ANTI APBA RANTS MUST STOP.... in the meantime, the flogging will continue until the MORALE IMPROVES !!!!!

Now boys... & girls let's get back to: Who are we gonna vote for to direct APBA?

And, before y'all thin-skinnders and rant-suppressors get even more pizzed... the reason I'm posing this question here on HR is because maybe (not likely tho) there is someone out there in the fringe of the boat racing community who might want to join and straighten things out.

Having just read the APBA NEWS.... I see this guy Alex Poliakoff on the front page... he seems like a nice guy, races D hydro, builds the Tohatsu RAM50 race engine package, a Viet Nam vet, an American citizen, has an Old Goat decal on his wrecked hydro, is sponsored by Victoria Secret ("push up or hush up"), and doesn't appear to have enough to do....So, I'm going to write him in.

(name withheld by request of the Mad Russian)
            Good idea..We will now help you out and edit accordingly to keep the thread on track.. Infact I have cleaned this one up.. Any more requests..
            Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

NOOO NOOO let the rants continue!!

Originally posted by blueskyracer View Post
              Good idea..We will now help you out and edit accordingly to keep the thread on track.. Infact I have cleaned this one up.. Any more requests..
              JAYSUSSSS!!!! ...I was only being facetious/funny about the "rants" thing. I think they should continue til they kinda burn themselves out. Many times they result in a new more informed thread.

Regardless, you're doing us all a favor by keeping tabs on this site. Freedom of speech is priceless. If people can't take the heat, they can stay out of the kitchen.... that is what I was trying to say.

Sorry, I guess my post was kinda mis-understood. It's my writing style that gets me in trouble all the time. I can deal with it ))

Alex

Comment

Originally posted by ram95 View Post
                JAYSUSSSS!!!! ...I was only being facetious/funny about the "rants" thing. I think they should continue til they kinda burn themselves out. Many times they result in a new more informed thread.

Regardless, you're doing us all a favor by keeping tabs on this site. Freedom of speech is priceless. If people can't take the heat, they can stay out of the kitchen.... that is what I was trying to say.

Sorry, I guess my post was kinda mis-understood. It's my writing style that gets me in trouble all the time. I can deal with it ))

Alex
                OOOOPPPPSSSS well it is done now but never fear I am sure that person will come back with a vengence or maybe he went to his site at APBA

Have a very nice evening Alex
                Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

FYI Mr. Wheeler has responded

https://social.apba-racing.com/discu...-is-your-plans
                  Kyle Bahl
                  20-R

"He didn't bump you, he didn't nudge you, he rubbed you, and rubbin' son is racin'!"

Comment

Originally posted by blueskyracer View Post
                    OOOOPPPPSSSS well it is done now but never fear I am sure that person will come back with a vengence or maybe he went to his site at APBA

Have a very nice evening Alex
                    Hi,

I just wanted to mention that Jordy is a really good guy. May I humbly suggest that you choose to either delete his posts OR insult him? It seems unfair to do both. That said, I understand that this is your site and you may do as you please. Thank you for the opportunity.

I agree with Alex about the value of open dialogue. I'm sure ALMOST (with an exaggerated wink) everyone on here is a decent person in real life, that we all do this for fun, and that, in the end, we want what is best for all of boat racing.

Now let's get back to not hearing about the BOD!

-Mike Hauenstein
                    hauenstein outboard team
                    186-W * 28-C * 4-T * C-101

Comment

years ago,some sage defined politics as the means by which we allocate scarce resources and redistribute wealth.Since the populace could not get the horse and buggy to deliver em all to a single meeting ,they devised "representation". I would vote for a BOD candidate that recognizes times have changed and the need for representation has somewhat diminished. With the internet, you can get us all to weigh in with opinions and even vote quickly and far less expensively than snail mail. In a very real sense, it does put us all in one place at the same time.

Comment

Working...
                      X