No announcement yet.

"New" 302 Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dave, size is not the issue. It's the location of the shear pin hole which is up front on the shaft. Jack

Comment

I back what Tim Weber said, its more about having true surfaces and good clearences on a 302. Timing is close to the 102 and can help once you find a good prop and setup, electronic ignition priceless!!!!! Jimmy W.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave M View Post
        Can one bushing a prop to fit the 302 ? Is that legal ? Might be a lot cheaper than buying and installing a 9/16" shaft. Serious questions, as I don't know what the stock size is.
        Dave 9/16"=14mm.......the yamato shafts 302/pro are 16mm.

To barrow a CSH/20SSH wheel to run those classes with a 302SSH motor, you will need the 9/16 shaft and then bush yer 302SSH wheel when run'n 302SSH........Get it in the specs now before it ends up like "high speed" Tohatsu pan grommets?
        OR, buy an extra foot and blue print it for CSH/20SSH.
        OR, git ta know a few racers that have 16mm CSH/20SSH props.....Dewald has them also.

A 9/16 prop shaft option and prop shear pin holes for either shaft might be worth consider'n?......This is the time before it takes a vote ta change ......(AND A DEBATE ON THE "SPEED" ADVANTAGES OF SHEER PIN LOCATION!)
        Last edited by STEVE FRENCH; 08-29-2012, 02:22 AM.
        100N STEVE FRENCH > Nobody can hang with my STUFF!! >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tna3B5zqHdk

SEEEEEE YAAAAAA!!............In my WAKE!! .............100N>>

Comment

Prop Shaft Size

Prop Shaft Sizes in Decimals.

9/16" = .5625"

16mm = .6299" (1mm = .03937")
          sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

Working...
          X