NBRA in Montana!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boatracer69r View Post
    I would just like to say thank you to Mike and Teresa Phillips. They put on a great boat race and I can’t wait for next year’s race (you can put one FE/SE on the roll call). For everyone who is debating on whether or not to make the drive to Montana you couldn’t ask for better boat racing conditions and hospitality of everyone in town is amazing. I think this was the first race in a long time where spectator’s cars lined the road just to watch boat racing. Hands down this is in my top 3 race locations that I have ever raced at. Thanks again Mike and Teresa, I had a blast….and so did my lil monsters. Also thank you to everyone who helped me with my monsters while I was racing and with Jacksons "disappearing" acts, hes my lil ninja

I would also like to say that it was nice meeting some of the mid-west racers. After racing with and talking to Lyle Mason, I might try and make it to a nationals back there next year (since I know that I can hang with the big boys).

Jon Peterson

Oh! Did anyone get pics of SE besides Rick Kellers wreck? I would love to see them.
    Jon we were glad you could make it..It was nice to see you smiling again..I think it would be fun to see a shoot out between you and Lyle..
    Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

What is left of Ricks boat.. Photos by Greg Hoover It will give me something to do this winter.. The pictures dont really show it but without the trailer there the whole back of the boat would drop down.. At first nobody knew if the motor was still attached when they got to shore
      Attached Files

Comment

glad to hear that Rick was ok

Comment

Great Times

I still for the life of me can't figure out why I got on that plane to come home.... what a beautiful state. Hands down, it is the most beautiful race site I have ever raced at. Even though our luck was not so great with mechanical failures this last weekend, the scenery made up for some of it. The hospitality made up for the rest of it. It was like going back in time when the towns really got behind the race. Towns population is I think 334 people, and there were well over 1000 people watching this race. I am probably on the low side.

It was a pleasure to meet all you west coasters that came. Looks like we might need to do some homework. It was fun watching Jon and Dad swap heats. Made me nervous as hell, but fun. Jon Peters, you are right there in the hunt my friend. I think you can compete with any SEH in the country.

Kurt Miller _ I hope I got that right, races DH with a Tohatsu in a laydown boat. Your rig can win any DH race in the country. Right there for sure. I am a little partial to the Mercs making some louder noises, but I can sure respect the way your rig ran. I never knew who was going to win, Kevin or you ! Fun one to watch.

We had a great time, and the best part, we got to finally see the Bighorn Sheep on our way out Monday morning. I was starting to think all your Montana folks were sending us on a snipe hunt.
          Dave Mason
          Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Originally posted by Dave M View Post
            I still for the life of me can't figure out why I got on that plane to come home.... what a beautiful state. Hands down, it is the most beautiful race site I have ever raced at. Even though our luck was not so great with mechanical failures this last weekend, the scenery made up for some of it. The hospitality made up for the rest of it. It was like going back in time when the towns really got behind the race. Towns population is I think 334 people, and there were well over 1000 people watching this race. I am probably on the low side.

It was a pleasure to meet all you west coasters that came. Looks like we might need to do some homework. It was fun watching Jon and Dad swap heats. Made me nervous as hell, but fun. Jon Peters, you are right there in the hunt my friend. I think you can compete with any SEH in the country.

Kurt Miller _ I hope I got that right, races DH with a Tohatsu in a laydown boat. Your rig can win any DH race in the country. Right there for sure. I am a little partial to the Mercs making some louder noises, but I can sure respect the way your rig ran. I never knew who was going to win, Kevin or you ! Fun one to watch.

We had a great time, and the best part, we got to finally see the Bighorn Sheep on our way out Monday morning. I was starting to think all your Montana folks were sending us on a snipe hunt.
            Glad you saw the sheep.. I am sure your mom got a little excited since she is so calm..lol We have had a great summer with all of you and cant wait to do it again..This year went to fast.. Oh and by the way it is Kurt Meyers and that D hydro class was a fun one to watch.. Piped 40's against the rice burners.. And the one C Mod or 25 mod race had folks on there feet.. Dave did you gain 10 pounds after the weekend..Seems like all we did was eat!!!

Comment

It was so nice to see everyone again! This is truly the best race we have on the schedule over here.

Keep the pictures coming! I'm still not tired of looking at them. Thanks for all the great shots!
              Last edited by Mr_dirt; 08-28-2012, 09:16 AM.
              Blue Thunder 55U - Sharky 97R
              sigpic

Comment

E Runabout

I don't know if anyone not at the race in Trout Creek heard, but there were only three E runabouts present, all from the ODA bunch. It was like a local club race ! We are used to mixing it up with several in a field, so this made for some different racing.

We brought two of the three Runabouts, Kevin Mac. brought his too. Well, we had to find a driver for the extra E Runabout and after much consideration and bribes to Mom, we decided to let Dad (Lyle Mason) get a taste in these new style flat turners. Dad had not been in a runabout since 1980, his one and only time in one. He won the FER (currently 850CCMR in APBA and SER in NBRA) at the Dayton Ohio Mod Nationals. It was very much the scary ride on a CMR. Well, I have to say, after promising to play nice Dad and i went into the first turn in 1st & 2nd the first heat. And yes, I left him more than 1 lane... unusual for me. It was the first time in history that my Dad & I ran side by side in a race boat, racing to win. Well I did end up finishing ahead of him in that heat. But the overall results for the weekend placed Dad as a solid second and me a third so I guess I can now say, Dad still has it, as he kicked my ass. Put a motor on a waterski and Dad will race it and do well.

Next time Dad there will only be ONE lane down there... hehehehehehehehe.
                Dave Mason
                Just A Boat Racer

Comment

We did have a lot of father/sons out there this weekend.. It was fun to watch to bad the older crowd did not fair better

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin McAfee View Post
                    Thanks for the pics to look at while Linda is driving. Still about 170 miles to go. We did have a blast and a big thanks for that..
                    Kevin we would love to see you, Linda amd Larry again real soon..You all are a lot of fun and appreciate the work that goes into putting on one of these races..Not everything went as planned but I guess the main thing is everyone had fun..The worse part is it went to fast..

Comment

Originally posted by blueskyracer View Post
                      Teresa also forgot but the Naughty Pine opened up early Saturday morning to server everyone breakfast before the drivers meeting.. They really bent over backwards to help us out and keep us FAT..If you did not put on ten pounds you were not there..I dont even need a belt to hold up my pants!!
                      considering the fact i had to add an xtra 10 lbs to make weight in D and E runabout i should have been there LOL will see if we can make it next year

congrats to all

Randy H23
                      Pure of heart : Outlaw by nature

"choice not chance determines destiny"

"the race is never quite over , the course is never quite ours"

how many years must a man pay for mistakes he did not make?

here is a link of a little bit of Randy s racing history and a tribute to the late Ken Krier to learn more click the link

http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forum...221#post107221

Comment

Working...
                      X