New Race Site For Region 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Race Site For Region 7

Marine Racing Club is proud to announce that we have secured permission from the Rochelle Park District Board of Directors to conduct a race on Lake Sule in Rochelle, IL during the 2005 racing season. Lake Sule is located in the northwest quadrant of the I-88 and 39 intersection, you have most likely seen it traveling to Rock Falls on I-88 or to DePue if heading south on 39. Rochelle is located about 20 minutes south of Rockford and about 20 minutes west of Dekalb.

We will have control of the lake during testing/racing, but the lake is NOT open to race boats except on the approved weekend. At this time, I do not know if we will be able to test on Friday so do not plan on it and do not test unless you are specifically told by me.

Just for reference, according to terraserver the race course portion of Echo Lake in Burlington is approximately 275 yds X 650 yds. The portion of Lake DePue that we use is approximately 400 yds X 900 yds. Lake Sule is approximately 450 yds X 800 yds and should be ideal for a ¾ or 1 mile course.

Tad Olson and myself will be working closely with the town in order to secure local support and possibly some sort of sponsorship. Early conversations with the board and local Tourism and Convention Bureau have been very favorable as there seems to be local interest in having an event like this.

Probable race date at this point looks like mid to late July as a first choice with the last weekend in August as a possible alternate.

As always, MRC will work very closely with BSOA in order to ensure a successful event. If you are willing to work on the race committee or assist in promotion, please contact me at BP125V@cs.com .

Bill Pavlick III
    Support your local club and local races.

Bill Pavlick

I'm just glad I'm not Michael Mackey - BPIII

Map

Location of Rochelle,Ill.
    Attached Files
    Tom L.

Comment

thats great Bill !
      glad to see close races!!
      Kevin

Comment

Roostertails.net

Bill please keep us here at roostertails updated on this race. Its a close one for us here in Kankakee Thanks
        dennis55@roostertails.net
        www.roostertails.net
        boat racing info and pictures.

Comment

Working...
        X