• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BOAT RACING: Rekindling an old love

Click on the link below to read the full article

http://www.kjonline.com/sports/rekin...012-08-09.html
    Attached Files
    Last edited by HRTV; 08-10-2012, 08:29 AM.
    HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

I was pitted next to the Mad Russian at Thompson, and had the pleasure of doing a stint in a safety boat with him. Very cool guy, very smart. Wouldn't have thought he was that old though. Nice article.
    Mark 55P
    Team Tower
    Hydroplane Division

Comment

Mad Russian

Originally posted by mark5pa View Post
      I was pitted next to the Mad Russian at Thompson, and had the pleasure of doing a stint in a safety boat with him. Very cool guy, very smart. Wouldn't have thought he was that old though. Nice article.
      I pitted near Alex at Grass Lake a couple of years ago and I must say, I gained knowlwdge every time I talked with him. A wealth of knowledge with a great sense of humor. First rate boatracer!

Comment

Very smart indeed. Always a great time talking to him. An ASSet to the sport. We are very lucky to have him here in the north-east. Although his knowledge of where the turn buoys are is limited. ALEX THANKS FOR ALL YOU DO FOR THE SPORT. WILD BILL

Comment

Great Write-up in the KJ

Nice picture Alex, boy we go back to 1963 in Maine, thats getting to be a few years now. Great storyline, keep up the racing spirit Alex. One of these days I'll get back up to New England for a race and we can tell some real war stories. Good Luck !

Comment

You guys are much too kind!!

Originally posted by Dparker View Post
            Nice picture Alex, boy we go back to 1963 in Maine, thats getting to be a few years now. Great storyline, keep up the racing spirit Alex. One of these days I'll get back up to New England for a race and we can tell some real war stories. Good Luck !
            You're the one with the really "good" stories Dan. I was stuck over there working on the Thai Rail Road (laying Thai's) and pushing bombers and tankers into the friendly-skies around SEA. Good seeing you at Kingston.
            Alex

Comment

alright

Alex is alright in my book , a laugh a minute.

Had a few laughs at the last National Meeting guy's A OK

Pat Wright

Comment

Working...
              X