Looking for a source for control cables

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a source for control cables

Im looking for a source for a set of Mercontrol cables. These are from my 1970 contoller, and I need a set that are longer. I am also switching to a foot throttle, so the controler will be just the gear selector. Does anyone make these to the dimensions I need, or do I have to just find the std sizes?
    Thanks, Scott

Measure the length you need, then take your old cables with you to your local marine dealer and they will get you new u-flex, teleflex, or whatever brand they carry ordered. Most places will have them for youthe next day. And they are cheap. Measure correctly.

Comment

Great Lakes Skipper also has them in pre-made lengths for good prices.

Comment

There are several suppliers of these cables on ebay. Not used but new at reasonable prices. I have forgotten who I used but fast cheap shipping too. I wish I could find a supplier of the first generation cables these second generation are readily available.
        kk

Comment

Thanks guys, I will check all of them out.

Comment

As a boat dealership owner, I wish you guys would support your local dealership, instead of trying to save $3 on a $28 cable. Internet will eventually kill all the small guys. I give discount pricing on all my parts, but I can't keep the lights on selling at 2% over cost. The big Internet dealers aren't dealers at all they have no inventory, no overhead, and no knowledge. They order the part when you place your order then drop ship.

Comment

Originally posted by propfxrO84 View Post
              As a boat dealership owner, I wish you guys would support your local dealership, instead of trying to save $3 on a $28 cable. Internet will eventually kill all the small guys. I give discount pricing on all my parts, but I can't keep the lights on selling at 2% over cost. The big Internet dealers aren't dealers at all they have no inventory, no overhead, and no knowledge. They order the part when you place your order then drop ship.
              I will check with my local dealers. My dad owned a marine for 10 years, and had to close the doors because people were not paying thier bills. I understand what you are saying.

Comment

Mercury Cables

We have a bunch of NOS cable sets in stock some in the original packaging. What length do you need. I believe I go up to 22 feet
                David Van Weele. Aeroliner Race Boats, LLC aeroliner_boats@bellsouth.net

Comment

Originally posted by A/B Speedliner View Post
                  We have a bunch of NOS cable sets in stock some in the original packaging. What length do you need. I believe I go up to 22 feet
                  David Van Weele. Aeroliner Race Boats, LLC aeroliner_boats@bellsouth.net
                  Can you PM me your phone #, and I can let you know what I need.
                  Thanks

Comment

Working...
                  X