Tunnel Hull owners.. Need Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tunnel Hull owners.. Need Help

I have been working on getting my tunnel finished, and we are nearing the end of the mock up stage. Right now I have the center line of the prop even with the bottom of the sponsons. The way it is now it looks like the lower unit will have a hard time getting water into the inlets. This boat is not going to race. We are building this to have fun on the lake. So with that in mind, should I lower it to get the unit down in the water more for cooling. I can lower only 2" max. Here are some shots... Any help would be appreciated.

It should still pump water but you can plug the top 2 or 3 holes and enlarge the bottom ones.That will help a lot.Or you could get a low water pick up also.Good luck cool looking tunnel.
    Bob

Comment

I see a rail in the back ground are you related to Joe?
      Bob

Comment

No relation. My dad gave me the nick name of Scott Amato 23 years ago when I started racing dragsters. And yes it was because of Joe. Thanks on the info for the water inlet, who makes the low water pick up? This is my first tunnel, I grew up with flat bottom drag boats, so I'm new to the tunnels. we are trying to get it in the water before summers end, so we can work the bugs out. From what I am told this is a Black widow hull from 1988,Here are a few more shots of it. Thanks

Here is the dragster for you...

Last edited by Scott Amato; 08-06-2012, 07:15 PM. Reason: new pic

Comment

In GT Pro and Sport C we run our engines with bullet fully above the pads, with no modifications to the water inlets and no low water pickup. We have no problems getting water. You should be just fine where you are, but do monitor your pressure or flow.

My Nissan/Tohatsu (Sport C) does not generate enough pressure in the first place to be measured with common gauges, so I have a tube running to the cockpit and spilling onto the deck.

The Johnson/Evinrude motors we run in GT Pro will generate 15-20 psi at wot, maybe dropping off if over-trimmed.

That's lots of HP on your tunnel. Have fun, and hang on!
          Tunnelboat and V-bottom Plans for 15-35 hp, 40-60 hp, 60-80 hp

Dillon-Racing.com also on YouTube, on Facebook, on Twitter

Comment

Working...
          X