APBA B Hydro rule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• APBA B Hydro rule

The rule book says you can run "B hydro with a 25 mod motor....370 # " What motors are legal to use for a 25 mod?

Sean,
    First off... Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Second... You need to download a copy of the APBA stock outboard and modified outboard inspection manuals from the APBA website. Permitted engines are as follows: "a) Mercury 25SS (That being the newer 25XS model), b) Mercury 22.0 cubic inch powerhead 1970 to date, OMC 22.1 cubic inch powerhead to date, 20 cubic inch as defined in A&B specs and rule book 1&3, e) the motors listed above are also legal in BMH & BMR" ....Then after reading them give me a call because you might be even more confused as far as deciding what engine you're going to want to run (as we still are). We are in the process of playing with a 22 cubic inch Merc just for fun and experiment against Howie P's OMC's. Say Hi to Ken. 1-631-722-3160

Comment

Thanks Father young

You going to the SSOA dinner? If not send Pam. Shawn

Comment

25 Class (MOD) hydro
        3. Permitted engines for this class as fallows:
        a) Mercury 25SS (not XS)
        b) Mercury 22.0 cu.in. Powerhead 1970 to date (this has been changed to delete the >1970< spec). Older Phealon point ignition motors (Mark28/200) to use 20H flywheel.
        c) OMC 22.1 cu.in. Powerhead 1970 to date.
        d) 20 cu.in. Mercury as defined in A&B specs and Rule Book#1 & #3. ( the B-Canadian/Classic-B Mercury/Commodes/"toilet Bowl" motors fit here also).

A+B class (MOD) hydro/runabout
        7. The 25Modified engines are also permitted in the --B-- Modified Runabout and Hydro (classes) provided it meets all 25Mod rules and specifications...........

17. The 25XS Mercury in its stock outboard form and specifications,....................is legal for the B Modified --Runabout-- class.

If you are looking at B-MOD keep in mind you will be running with the Y-80 Yamatos. A strong 25MOD, close to the 370 weight, with a good out front start, will give the Yamatos a good run for it. Be ready to run this class if you don't have enough 25MODS (3) to make a class/points.

If the B-Canadian/Classic (Mercurys) will work with you, they are legal in 25MOD, but be ready to drive your butt off cause a good one (Webster 12CE, Thierfelder 41P, Stevens ?CE, Giles) will spank you if your sleeping.

I run all the above 25MOD motors . So far the OMC powerhead has worked best and cost the least to build>>>> for me. But I am going back thru my 25SS with a new list of "tricks/$$" to try.

The first 25MOD I ran is my Mark-28 with 20H flywheel, Parker pipe, KC series Carb, H-tower. This was cheep to build (except for the 20H flywheel!) and runs close to my (current) 25SS.

25MOD (APBA)/ B-1 (AOF/NBRA) has come back strong in the last 3 years.

Last thing to think about---NOISE . We need to start looking at "loop charged" 25HP motors with chambers (quieter) if this class is to survive. I hate to think I may have to retire my "stack" someday but........

25MOD-----Fun Class-----Hope to see you (in my wake ) SOON!

19P
        Last edited by STEVE FRENCH; 12-27-2004, 11:18 PM.
        100N STEVE FRENCH > Nobody can hang with my STUFF!! >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tna3B5zqHdk

SEEEEEE YAAAAAA!!............In my WAKE!! .............100N>>

Comment

125PRO/25MOD-----BILLY ALLEN/STEVE FRENCH---Loch Haven, PA. 2004
          Attached Files
          100N STEVE FRENCH > Nobody can hang with my STUFF!! >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tna3B5zqHdk

SEEEEEE YAAAAAA!!............In my WAKE!! .............100N>>

Comment

Awesome !!

Originally posted by STEVE FRENCH
            125PRO/25MOD-----BILLY ALLEN/STEVE FRENCH---Loch Haven, PA. 2004
            That was one of the most exciting races of the weekend right there !! Steve and Billy duked it out big time. I know I was on my edge of the seat waiting to see the outcome from the far corner. Exciting stuff seeing Pro and Mod compete !!
            Dave Mason
            Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Young 94-N View Post
              Sean,
              First off... Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Second... You need to download a copy of the APBA stock outboard and modified outboard inspection manuals from the APBA website. Permitted engines are as follows: "a) Mercury 25SS (That being the newer 25XS model), b) Mercury 22.0 cubic inch powerhead 1970 to date, OMC 22.1 cubic inch powerhead to date, 20 cubic inch as defined in A&B specs and rule book 1&3, e) the motors listed above are also legal in BMH & BMR" ....Then after reading them give me a call because you might be even more confused as far as deciding what engine you're going to want to run (as we still are). We are in the process of playing with a 22 cubic inch Merc just for fun and experiment against Howie P's OMC's. Say Hi to Ken. 1-631-722-3160
              Hey,
              Are you giving advice?

Don B.

Comment

Working...
              X