Anyone Recognize this Boat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Recognize this Boat

I found this boat for sale at in antique store in Greenville, Calif. There are numbers barely visible under the paint, which appear to be 21-C. It has canvas on the front. There are also numbers in the form of decals inside on the rear of the starboard side of the coaming, they are 1H1954. It appears that there were two different motors used on the boat indicated by the impressions left by the transom clamps. I would guess by the spacing it probably had a B Class motor such as a 20H on it at one time and also something such as a 30H. I didn't have a tape measure so I couldn't measure the boat but I guess it to be about 10'.

Any ideas as to make and possibly ownership/driver(s)?
    Attached Files

Looks like a Sid Craft.

Don Graham

Comment

Sid-Carft

Originally posted by krazy karl View Post
      I found this boat for sale at in antique store in Greenville, Calif. There are numbers barely visible under the paint, which appear to be 21-C. It has canvas on the front. There are also numbers in the form of decals inside on the rear of the starboard side of the coaming, they are 1H1954. It appears that there were two different motors used on the boat indicated by the impressions left by the transom clamps. I would guess by the spacing it probably had a B Class motor such as a 20H on it at one time and also something such as a 30H. I didn't have a tape measure so I couldn't measure the boat but I guess it to be about 10'.

Any ideas as to make and possibly ownership/driver(s)?
      Definitely a Sid-Craft, 1959 - 1963

Comment

I think it's a 1961 - 1963

Comment

Sid-Craft

Originally posted by flatsmoke View Post
          I think it's a 1961 - 1963
          The bigger cowl Sids first were built in 1959 & were similar through last production 64-65

Comment

21-C Was Jimbo McConnell

Jimbo had a B Sid, without and extended wheel. Looks like it might be Jimbo's.

Bill Boyes said there weren't many Sid Crafts in SoCal, here is a list of all of them..... http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forum...=crafts&page=7
            Last edited by Ron Hill; 07-22-2012, 09:55 PM.

Comment

I bought a new one like that in spring of 70.

Comment

Ron, I think it may be Jimbo's. He ran a 30H on it. I have a picture somewhere of him and the boat.
                Karl, how much do they want for it? Looks in good shape. I can restore it. Then what would I do with it? Could give it to Jimbo then Cathy would have do something with it.
                bill b

Comment

I Just Emailed Cathy

Jimbo ran b and C for a year or so, until he bought Mel Spencer's C Sid. Then, Jimbo either sold it or loaned to Mike Chadburn, and he ran it in C Hydro.

My B Sid, came via Dave Mayer. I sold it to lloyd Mize and some how it ended up at Deck Hogan's in Modesto, but mine had and extended Keller wheel, and my dad replaced the cockpit combing with Douglas Fir after Rod Zapf and I tangled at Brawley.

I was 19-C, Jimbo was 21-C. My cousin John Heggenburger, ran 20-C as he wanted to be between Jimbo and me. Later, Tammy Dawe was 20-C, I heard APBA will retire 20-C number in Tammy's honor, whixh is a cool idea.
                  Last edited by Ron Hill; 07-22-2012, 04:09 PM.

Comment

Jimbo's Three Sid Crafts and Three Hill Boats

http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forum...+Carrot&page=2

Comment

JImbo Sid

OK I have a picture of Jimbo that says US-1. It may be his DSH as I cannot see two fuel pumps on the motor.
                      My boat numbers were 11-C and 21-C. However, I ran Runabouts and in those days Jimbo with 21-c on his hydro was common.
                      The picture says 6/3 ordered by L.P. on the back
                      Attached Files
                      bill b

Comment

From what I can remember from those days was there were very few Sids in Region 12.
                        bill b

Comment

This boat looks to be a "B" size boat to me. I had a 10' 6" Sid at one time and this boat doesn't look as long as I remember mine looking...

OMC FE/SE powerhead parts for sale. Kurcz ported block, Mod 50 pistons and cylinder head, exhaust, etc.

Comment

10'6" Was A D Stock Boat

Not sure of the length of a B, but 10' 6" is wrong for a B.

Comment

sid craft

did somebody buy this this boat? what a treasure. i've got a d sid i bought about 8 years ago from a guy on vashon island, wash. i'd love to have another smaller boat like this one. even cooler having history being raced by a legend.
                              Bill Dingman "The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

Comment

Working...
                              X