MHRA Racer School August 5th at Grass Lake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MHRA Racer School August 5th at Grass Lake

Due to popular demand, MHRA has been forced to ADD another Racer School to our schedule. Sunday August 5th, the day following the Stock/J Nationals, from 10am-2ish pm there will be a Racer School located at the Judges Stand (by the boat launch). Link is: http://www.michiganhydroplane.com/NewRacers1.html

We already have 5 participants committed, and due to the worry of rather having a quality Racer School as opposed to a quantitive one, will only have 3-4 more spots available... be sure to sign up now if you or someone you know are interested!

As always, we will be happy to have anyone volunteer their time for Racer School. We will need patrol boat drivers, people to catch/hold boats, swap out Kevlar, equipment, etc, fly flags, and so on.

Anyone who is interested in signing up to participate or volunteer can contact me at my information below.

Elek Hutchinson
    elek.hutchinson@gmail.com
    248 303 2643
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Hutch06; 07-16-2012, 04:18 PM.
    Elek Hutchinson
    36M

This is a good problem to have; nice job Elek
    Raymond

Have you or your team set up a social network page yet? Do your part to expose and promote the sport when you’re not racing and create a presence online today.

Comment

Aug. 5th School Closed

The August 5th Racer School registration at Grass Lake is now closed. We are at our maximum amount to put on a satisfactory course for our participants. There are still openings for our Sept. 7th school for those that are interested.
      Elek Hutchinson
      36M

Comment

Hutch there was a guy at Trenton that was going to sign up on-line (Sunday I think)..did he make it? He was going to sign-up for Fall if this one was full...
        Roger A 68M
        Team Casual

Comment

We got him in the Aug. 5th school, thanks for the follow up. His 2 kids and himself sound very excited!
          Elek Hutchinson
          36M

Comment

:
            Originally posted by hutch06 View Post
            we got him in the aug. 5th school, thanks for the follow up. His 2 kids and himself sound very excited!
            Roger A 68M
            Team Casual

Comment

Racer School 1.5 follow up

Due to some unfortunate wind circumstances (15-20mph gusts), MHRA's 2nd Racer School was not the best that it could have been and were forced to cancel the course early. Regardless, 9 drivers got the chance to at least bounce around the race course at a very safe speed and get a boat ride. Those 9 individuals were also given the chance to repeat the course at our September Grass Lake school/weekend.

Even though this was not the ideal conditions at ALL to conduct a racer school, we still have a very very strong possibility of gaining at least 3 racers from only half a school. I post this because I cannot emphasize how well this program works and is the future of Stock/Mod/J Outboard Racing...

What other clubs have Racer Schools planned the remainder of this year or next?
              Elek Hutchinson
              36M

Comment

Congratulations to MHRA and its driver's School program. My granddaughter went through school at Grass Lake this summer. The very next weekend she put her schooling to the test in her debut in K-Pro. The first heat she started in the back on the outside and finished last. Second heat she elected to start last again, but passed a couple of boats. Third heat she "nailed" the start and that combined with some gun jumpers gave her a podium finish and a third place medal. Thank you Elek and crew for the fine job of teaching this 12 year old girl.

Photo: Waiting in her boat at the Pro Nationals (Karen Cadle photo).
                On the water (Jean Tennel photo).
                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                X