Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please read this it could save your life.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please read this it could save your life.

My wife has always referred to my Hydroplane as "that bloody boat" as I've spent too much time fixing, cleaning and talking about it. At the start of this season "that bloody boat" caused me to hurt my neck. We thought it was whiplash. I went to a physio and a chiropractor and it was still getting worse. I eventually went to a private hospital and paid for an MRI scan. Last Thursday I was given the news that my c2 vertebra had metastases or secondary cancer to everyone who is not a doctor. This condition is usually caught when it's too late and effects multiple areas of the spine causing it to fractur and ending in paralasys and an early death. Luckily because of "that bloody boat" this condition has been found early. I should find out where the primary cancer site is this week as I had an emergency ct scan yesterday. Hopefully the diagnosis Is wrong but if it is correct it should be curable with surgery then chemotherapy or radiotherapy. So when you wife moans about "your bloody boat" tell her this story as it may make her accept your hobbie a little more than she already does. I am keeping the boat as I would like to think I will get the opportunity to race it again one day. Untill then I will just keep looking at it and keeping my fingers crossed.

Thanks for sharing your story and great luck overcoming your hopefully small hurdles ahead.

Comment

Working...
    X