Twisterpalooza??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twisterpalooza??

OK, so who's hideing all the monster merc goodies? You guys know the stuff I mean, the Twister parts, the BP, the BP super stacker, the T2X. I may be wrong but I thought some of these outboards had some pretty good production numbers, so what gives? seems like that stuff is rarer than rocking horse poop. Look, contrary to popular belief magic parts under the work bench won't make the motor you'r working on run better. Besides what could be the harm in seeing a few more projects like this one pop up?
    Attached Files
    Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most.

No, Sonny, those motors were very limited production. A few dozen each most likely, low hundreds at the max. Maybe 100 - 130 on the BP's. Most of this stuff was run into the ground and junked.

Contrast that to the approx 10,000 racing outboards and approx 7,000 spare/aftermarket racing lower unitsMerc made between 1950 and 1960
    Last edited by sam; 12-23-2004, 04:56 PM.

Comment

Sonny, Can you say Yamato?
      nightmoves

Comment

Yamato

Originally posted by nightmoves
        Sonny, Can you say Yamato?
        AHH... you caught me...Jerrys right, I'm going to have to get the word Yamato tattooed on myself in an obvious place so I see it every day. Old habbits die hard. The Merc stuff is so cool but I must admit, I cant wait to scream that f#!*'n Yamato...ha ha. Hey, what's up with the 500 boat? That guy has a 350 Konig that's supposed to be a sick ticket?

Comment

T2

Sonny,I have a T2 front half with carbs and reeds. Pete

Comment

Wow

Originally posted by NYDAHL
            Sonny,I have a T2 front half with carbs and reeds. Pete
            You hit the nail right on the head, I have the lower unit for that motor and a few stack six powerheads. would you consider parting with that stuff???

Comment

Yamato

Sonny
              Read our lips Y A M A T O.

Tom,Jerry,Paul,Fatty,

Comment

HOW COME TOM CAN WRITE my name!?!?!?!?!?!

ahem, I can no longer sign in as my true self, i have been censored.

FAT MAN LIVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Those japanese guys sure can build a race motor. put gas in top, oil in bottom, and whenever you wanna spoil her maybey some spark plugs. Thats...............about..................it.

yep, gas, oil, plugs, and a little jerry davids love...

Comment

Good Boy

I just got off the phone with Pat And Jerry.They say it is
                  getting bad there.70 here at 8:45.
                  Think CMH YAMATO
                  Tom

Comment

Mercyato

OK, we'll compromise. Now that my Yamato is a mod I've got some parts left over like the tower, tank, some carb parts, and some misc parts. So I'll make an adapter plate and drill some holes. you guy's can help me name it, how about a Mercyato, or no, Ive got it,...Mercnstien..ha......Franknyato??.....ha ha how da ya like me now?....

Comment

Working...
                    X