Thompson CT-great racing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thompson CT-great racing

I'm sure there will be other posts. But, I'm going to jump the gun and tell you that the racing at Thompson Reservoir was outstanding.. Tony Tello showed up Sunday and provided a livened up and (as usual) colorful commentary. And, just in case any of the Park Rangers click onto this site... I'd like to say they did a super job. The grounds had additional mowed grass areas for spectators, the rangers were helpful and courteous, there were plenty of port0pots, and great parking/camping. As usual the weather was some hot and pop-up tents ruled. The pit-food was super... prices reasonable... and the end-of-the-day bargains on the roast-beef let me use ALL my dinner money for margaritas-on-rocks (with salt, orange slice, lime, and cherry). Also, Lynette (the sweet Puertorican hostess at Jalisco) will be receiving a special edition Victorias Secret catalog for her above and beyond service. And, last but not least.... the EMT's were there ahead of schedule, so the show got on the water early.

That's all....... welll not quite... Howie Nichols... not only out-weighed me..., but, driving Scott Clarks feather-weight DH managed to wax my butt severely in 850H, in an effort to take my $100 bucks.

The margaritas were worth it!

Alex

95 entry's for Saturday was great to see in Reg 1. As for Mod Divisionals, turn out was Horrible. DMR 1 boat, (No DMH, BMH, BMR), 1 CMR and only 3 CMH. 125cch and osy400 had a good turn out. Fun weekend though, weather was WARM as usual there. Worst part of the weekend was being 15 minutes from home and BAM!!! I-95 closed.. 2hrs just to get home from there ( 4 exits ).
    sigpicWayne DiGiacomo

Comment

Racing was great! Hit nearly 95 both days with high humidity. We always remember to bring PLENTY of water. The race went smoothly, very few hiccups. Weather steered clear all weekend with just a few sprinkles on sat. COA pulled off a smooth program and would like to thank everyone involved!

One thing I love about living in Maine. We always have traffic on our side. About 30 minutes after we left, it was stop and go traffic all heading south. The most traffic we ever saw was at a toll booth.
      Silas Jordan
      Windham, Maine
      CSR 53A (2B till the boat gets redone)
      Sigma Nu, IN-549

Comment

I also had a blast!
        Camping was great and it was wonderful to see all my old friends and hold the third annual Thompson "Hen Party" in the pits.
        And the guys enjoyed it too.
        Love you!
        Twisted Sister

Comment

We had a Great weekend, Thank you Region 1 for another great time at Thompson, very well done!
          Earl 11 J........ Dangerous when Wet Runne Craft- Earl said, " Driving a Runne Craft is like Cheating". Dude, ........ Where's My Boat!

Comment

Thompson Ct another great New England race

Thanks to all the volunteers and organizers who made this
            a great race. It was hot and humid but in the end we all survived.
            This race should be on all our July calendars.
            Last edited by ottawamercguy; 07-10-2012, 03:54 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Originally posted by ram95 View Post
              That's all....... welll not quite... Howie Nichols... not only out-weighed me..., but, driving Scott Clarks feather-weight DH managed to wax my butt severely in 850H, in an effort to take my $100 bucks.

Alex
              Just so everyone knows when the Russians get beat they do pay up!!!!

We had a great time as usual and look forward to next time.

Thanks Alex
              444-B now 4-F
              Avatar photo credit - F. Pierce Williams

Comment

I had a great time. Made my first big rookie mistake. I will try to go out with "my" class from now on. On the bright side, think I could have taken some of those BSH guys!
                Thanks to everyone who helped me out.

Rookie
                Mark 55P
                Team Tower
                Hydroplane Division

Comment

Mark,
                  It was nice to meet you. Hope you had a good trip back home. Wasnt your fault the guys started you up when the BSH went out. It was a fun weekend and your classes were the biggest ones
                  sigpicWayne DiGiacomo

Comment

Originally posted by DiGia54D View Post
                    Mark,
                    It was nice to meet you. Hope you had a good trip back home. Wasnt your fault the guys started you up when the BSH went out. It was a fun weekend and your classes were the biggest ones
                    Yea, but I did stay in my boat
                    Good meeting you also. Can't wait till Sharptown this weekend.
                    Mark 55P
                    Team Tower
                    Hydroplane Division

Comment

It hit a Manatee when it came up for air. I cant believe nobody saw it but me
                      sigpicWayne DiGiacomo

Comment

Good One

Originally posted by mark5pa View Post
                        I had a great time. Made my first big rookie mistake. I will try to go out with "my" class from now on. On the bright side, think I could have taken some of those BSH guys!
                        Thanks to everyone who helped me out.

Rookie

Now thats a good one. We should have a thread alone on rookies 1st year and there mistakes they have made. I know I have more than plenty

The main thing is you had fun!!!!

Comment

my poor tohatsu blew up because of a rookie mistake, I was in to much of a rush to get out and didnt check for water coming out.

Thanks for the help from everybody.

511-A

Comment

Hostess

Mad Russian, I want to hear more about the Hostess at Jalisco's..... Was she the hostess with the mostess ?
                            Dave Mason
                            Just A Boat Racer

Comment

the Mostess Hostess

Yes Dave... Yess!

Comment

Working...
                              X