• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lexsan

looking for a good buy on sheets
    thanks paul

Look under plastics

en the local yellow pages. Freight will kill you if you don't buy locally.

Comment

arcat

You should check the arcat. I spend 40 hrs a week estimating labor and materials for a GC, I use www.arcat.com for anything we need. And I do mean anything. It's kind of neat.
      Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most.

Comment

Hyzod Sheets

This is what I always used for my windshields. Much stronger than lexan.

http://www.k-mac-plastics.net/hyzod-...nate-sheet.htm

Comment

If you live in the Wisconson area Five Star stock car in Twin Lakes have plenty in stock.and is affordable.

Comment

Lexan is a trade name for polycarbonate. You may find a generic equivalent depending on what your local supplier may stock. It is difficult to find tinted colors unless you buy large volumes. It also comes in a mar-resistant version which has a hard outer coating so it is more difficult to scratch. I know 5 Star sells mar-resistant windshields so if you deal with them, you might inquire about it.

Comment

Also check out places near you the manufacture things out of Lexan. A place near me makes something out of it and when I need a sheet they just add it in with their order and dont charge anything for shipping. Only thing is they only deal with a place that has clear so tinted would cost twice as much just with the shipping added. I think the last time I got it a 4 by 8 sheet of .060 cost 69.00 for GE brand Lexan.
              Destiny is a matter of chance,it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.

Comment

what thicknees is needed

thanks
                paul

Comment

Update

[QUOTE]
                  Originally posted by MJR
                  This is what I always used for my windshields. Much stronger than lexan.

http://www.k-mac-plastics.net/hyzod-...nate-sheet.htm
                  The link in Marc's post above is valid and you can still order from that reseller.

I eventually wound up on the manufacturer's website, http://www.sheffieldplastics.com

and learned that:

"Hyzod is now called Makrolon! Over the next several months, we will continue our transition from the Hyzod brand to Makrolon. During this period, you may see references to Hyzod until the transition is complete. You can be sure, however, that Makrolon is still the same great product you've always known Hyzod to be--only the name has changed!"

On www.sheffieldplastics.com I did a search for distributors, and found one 15 minutes from my work that stocks the Makrolon GP (General Purpose) in clear.

A pricing example: the local distributor will sell a single sheet of 4' x 8' x 1/16" sheet of Makrolan GP for $78.25 plus tax. If I call in advance and give them a credit card number, they'll cut the sheet so it fits into the back of my Ford F150 SuperCrew and it will be ready when I get there.
                  @@@@@@@@@@@@

Mark Ritchie
                  72@E
                  Former Boat Racer
                  21st Century: CSH, CSR, and "J Dad" x2
                  20th Century: ASH, ASR, BSR, 25SSH, 25SSR

@@@@@@@@@@@@

Comment

Paul, We Use The .060 Thickness On The Pro Boats Very Manageable!!! Kevin

Comment

McMaster& Carr also sells small sheets and in gray or clear. And it comes to your door.
                      Steve

Comment

TUFFAK is another trade name. The GE Lexan can be abit pricey!

Warbs
                        64*W

Comment

Working...
                        X