Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 20SSH & CSH at Waterford MI's Quake on the Lake

20SSH and CSH drivers:

We have been listed on the sanction for July 21st-22nd for the Inboard World Nationals Quake on the Lake in Waterford, MI. The purpose of doing this is to bring MHRA and Stock Outboard Racing some recognition at a very high attendance event. The requirements for us to be run is that we have 6 boats - we WILL combine the two classes unless we have more than 12 combined entries.

As of now it will be an exhibition race because we do not have a stock inspector at the race. I spoke with T.J. last night and the guy is going to need a break before chief inspecting for the Stock/J Outboard Nationals and then the Marathon Nationals. If we can find an inspector, we will be able to run for points.

At any rate, this is a great opportunity to promote our sport, Racer School, and some possible fan attendance to the 2012 Stock/J Nationals in Grass Lake. Who's in?
    Elek Hutchinson
    36M

I've thought about this idea for a long time..........seriously. To bad runabouts are not included or I would commit and I'm guessing we could a few others. Hmmmmm CSH and CSR, it has a nice ring to it, just saying.

Sam,

Comment

Get in a Hydro

Sam, come grab my Hydro. You will have fun!

12M

Comment

Maybe try to get the current approved Inboard Inspector to get on the list?

RULE 2 • REGATTAS
        1. The Referee and Inspector must be chosen from the lists of Referees and Inspectors, approved by the appropriate category chair and region chair.
        sigpic

http://social.apba.org/

Comment

Less than 2 weeks away!

Sanction is still pending, but more or less, is out! http://www.apba-racing.com/races/quake-lake-13-2335

This will be a points race, so come out and get some extra seat time before the Nationals!

All other information to the event can be found here: http://www.quakeonthelake.org/

BBQ at Mike Deck's place following the races on Saturday!
          Elek Hutchinson
          36M

Comment

Originally posted by CSH12M View Post
            Sam, come grab my Hydro. You will have fun!

12M
            Go For It Sammy..Team Casual gonna hopefully add at least 1 Hydro next year anyway!!
            Last edited by Affholter66; 07-09-2012, 06:24 PM.
            Roger A 68M
            Team Casual

Comment

FYI - Trenton weekend

Comment

Bbq

Hey, I heard I am hosting a BBQ!
                Count in 2 Rigs from Deck Racing!
                BBQ details TBD as event gets closer!

MD
                When it comes to boat racing and the wife, it's easier to ask for forgiveness than it is permission, and of course I spent a number of nights sleeping on the couch!

Comment

Noticed on the sanction, it read 5 laps of 1 mile course. I think we will be only running 3 right? I don't think my gas tank will hold out for 5!
                  When it comes to boat racing and the wife, it's easier to ask for forgiveness than it is permission, and of course I spent a number of nights sleeping on the couch!

Comment

Course and Trenton

We will only run 3 laps - It reads this on the sanction because of the other classes being run with the Inboards.

And yes, we know it is the same weekend as Trenton, but we can look at it this way - the runabouts can represent in Trenton (if anyone needs some programs or Racer School postcards, please contact me), and the hydro's can represent in Waterford, should be great exposure for our sport over the same weekend.
                    Elek Hutchinson
                    36M

Comment

Originally posted by pearson95m View Post
                      FYI - Trenton weekend
                      Thought those dates looked familiar...
                      Last edited by Affholter66; 07-10-2012, 01:20 AM.
                      Roger A 68M
                      Team Casual

Comment

Saturday night BBQ

I live about 30 minutes away, and for all drivers and crew coming, if you think I can't drive a boat, wait till you see how I cook! Got final permission from the owner for a BBQ, and as she plans the menu, please let me know if you would like to join so we can get an estimated count!

Comment

Team Hutch

Count 4-5 for us at the Bar-B-Q
                          Last edited by Hutch06; 07-13-2012, 06:17 PM.
                          Elek Hutchinson
                          36M

Comment

We will be there for one day for sure to participate from the shore; there is a good possibility we will be there to support, rope and observe the general fun-ness as it occurs for both days. What kind of recruitment propaganda materials are we bringing? Are the programs ready? Do we expect to have all SO crews pitted in the same area? Should we consider who is coming and how we would want to form up? Sounds crazy but...the subliminal message / image may help attract interest.
                            Raymond

Have you or your team set up a social network page yet? Do your part to expose and promote the sport when you’re not racing and create a presence online today.

Comment

Working...
                            X