stock,mod A-D publicity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stock,mod A-D publicity

i understand big races-big bucks- but i live sixty miles from decatur il. and for a month before the race you hear spots & ads for the race. cant a little money be spent out of publicity moneys to promote stock & mods at local radio stations ?
    just a thought

or is that something that we expect the sponsors of the race to take care of ?
    Last edited by kws; 12-19-2004, 01:07 AM.

Publicity would be great if.....

Publicizing stock and mod outboard races is definitely the responsibility of the sponsor, but unless one of the sponsors is a TV or radio station or newspaper the cost of publicity is just too high. It seems to be hard enough to get the money from the sponsor for the sanction fees, insurance, etc. Word of mouth is about the only thing we've got going most of the time. The Rock Falls, IL race has been run annually for about the last 15 years and many times the racers and their families outnumber the spectators. Sad, but true.

Comment

ok now in those fifteen years how much has the cost of ins. ect gone up ??
      how much have dues and fees to the racers?( please do not take this as a call to raise entry fees!!!)
      just trying to get a better over all picture.

how much does SO have in publicity moneys?
      at a meeting i heard Ed trying to wring a little money out of the historical society.
      where does there funding come from?
      i guess my real question there is does there money come from us the racers?

if it does then wouldnt it be in our best intrest to make sure we can get the word out about what we do, before those moneys are deverted to a important but secondary intity?
      just thoughts i have .
      its just seems more people are concerned about how a new motor may or may not revive or ruin a class than the realization no matter how many new engines there are will not in its self make a sport grow. when no one outside of the racing circle has clue we even exist.

ok ill get off the soap box now

Comment

stock,mod A-D publicity

The Sponsors put their money into helping with the event because, We twist their arm, they are my Uncle, they are just interested in the Sport, or they are a friend of a friend of mine. How do you get more and bigger sponsors? Draw more spectators. How do you draw more spectators, ADVERTISE. Gotta help. Get more people out Sponsors will be willing because it's all advertising $$$ to reach their local and National clients. Most people (J.Q. Public) do not even know boat racing (Our level "grass roots") exists anymore. Someone has to get the word out in the first place to accomplish the rest of the goals.

Comment

i guess thats my thought too. we can not just sit back and expect everyone or even someone else to promote OUR sport just because we got them to sponsor a race. if anyone on the stock board reads this what are your feelings on this and is there ANY money for promoting our races?

lol this thread seems to of gone over like a lead balloon based on responses

Comment

Working...
          X