Some info about Huntington, IN this year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some info about Huntington, IN this year

The 2nd Annual Harry Brinkman Memorial Regatta in Huntington, Indiana is a little over a week away. I wanted to share a couple of changes this year, just so they are out there.

First, we have two PRO classes on the sanction this year. 125cc Hydro and 175cc Hydro will run if we have enough boats to make a class.

Second, the IOA is trying out a new pre-registration system. Right now, we are using it to get a head count for each class. If you are planning on going to Huntington, we encourage you to head over to the (temporary) pre-registration site.
    42H

Head count is fine. Im racing all pro antique classes and hopefully dmod runabout. I am not going to pre pay because i've had things come up and not been able to go other times. I don't mind pre registering as a matter of fact I think it is a good idea. The Pro Naionals I can pre register and then all I have to do when I get there is to sign in and pay. This works very well for me and seems to for the club as theyve done this for 4 or 5 years.
    Thanks
    David Everhart S 52
    David Everhart S52
    Avatar credit - F. Pierce Williams

Comment

does anybody have a GPS cord. for this race, I have never been there, coming from Grand Rapids, Michigan.
      Thanks

Comment

Huntington address

John, I don't know what the precise latitude and longitude are, but I do have a street address.

1005 N Broadway Street
        Huntington, IN 46750
        (Google Maps)

Parking and the pits are at the southwest corner of the lake. The start/finish line is on the west side of the lake.
        Last edited by indyracer87; 06-03-2012, 01:02 PM. Reason: Added link to Google Maps
        42H

Comment

Preliminary Role Call

In addition too being able to pre-register for a race, you will also be able to view a list of who has registered for what class. You will be able to access this list on the "Preliminary Role Call" page on the Indiana Outboard Association's website. Hopefully by seeing that a particular class has enough boats to run before the event date, it will spark the interest of other racers that would not normally come to our races. This is the first time that we have tried this new method of registering and we hope that it grows in popularity for future races. So far we have 15 boats registered for our first race at Huntington. I will update this list as more people pre-register so keep checking back at indianaoutboard.org

-Dan Koschka 41-H

Comment

Pat and Dan and all others who made this preregistration possible. Thank you for giving us this option I am confident it will make everyone's life easier.

Can't wait to see ya all

Steve Bolhuis. 37-M.

Comment

Steve, bring your 500 runabout to Huntington. This could be a big class this year.

Comment

Classes

Planning on bringing Logan, Axr, axh and Michael 20ssh, csh. Wondering who else is coming in these classes so we don't drive over for nothing, thanks Jim

Comment

Jim,

If you say your bringing logan's equipment I'll go ahead and add it to the list on the IOA website. If you could, go to the website and fill out the preregistration form for each class. All the preregistration is at this point is just you filling out an entry blank ahead of time to save the hassle of filling one out the morning of. We hope to have paypal up and running by Beaverton so that you can pay entry fees ahead of time. As well as saving you the hassle, it also helps registration go smoother for Donna. As we all know, the faster we get through registration, the faster we can get to the driver's meeting. The faster we get through the driver's meeting the faster we can get on the water. I update the pre-registration list every day when I get home from work so check back daily to see an updated list of who will be attending Huntington this year. Hope all is well and looking forward to seeing you guys this weekend!

-Dan Koschka 41-H

Comment

Google Earth shows the center of the lake at Huntington to be at 40-53 1/2 N and 85-28 West. Lake is 750 above sea level. Jack

Comment

Working...
                    X