DSR at Constantine June 16-17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DSR at Constantine June 16-17

Will there be any DSR's coming to Constantine in a few weeks?

MHRA has a new rookie racer who purchased a 44 and a DSR and would love to get some DSR short course experience before the Trenton marathon, and the short course and Marathon nationals. Of course, we will find a way to get him on the water regardless, but he'd love to have a ride in his own boat for his first race.

Anyone planning on making the trip with a DSR? Pearson? Yungen? Ott? Purzycki? Gootz?

Please let me know,
    Thanks,
    -Elek
    Elek Hutchinson
    36M

I'm out.

It's great to hear we have a new DSR driver. It's a fun class to drive, and some of the coolest guys I know race in DSR! Good luck to the new driver, let him know he can feel free to P.M. or call me for help and advice.
    I had great aspirations for this season. Unfortunately, my mother in law has been hospitalized with a serious condition. Care and support of her and my wife has consumed most of my play time. I will not be able to race at Constantine. I am very sorry.
    Don't forget to get in touch with Veum! He may be able to come down for a good time.

Comment

I'm out... Wife is graduating that day. I'll email Gootz, Veum, Ladd boys to see if any of them are planning.

Comment

you had me worried there Elek....

first I see post by you selling your ASH stuff due to weight issues and today I see a post by you about DSR at Constantine!
        Support your local club and local races.

Bill Pavlick

I'm just glad I'm not Michael Mackey - BPIII

Comment

From what i'm hearing around the watercooler isn't good. Doesn't sound like any of the guys i've talked to are going. Who is the new blood? what/who's rig did he get? Tell him we're sorry, but tell him to be at Trenton, Grass Lake (x2), Top O and Big Rapids. I know I'll be at those for sure.

Comment

Jeff, thanks for the response, I'm sorry to hear about your mother in-law, I hope everything turns out ok. Hopefully our new DSR driver, Mark Towicki (sp on last name) sees your post and can message you from here.

Bill, thanks for the encouragement buddy, haven't outgrown the 20ssh yet

Josh, thanks for looking into this, Mark is from Warren, MI and bought Ken Witalek's (sp?) Merc and Bobby Laws runabout ( I believe from the sounds of it, it was a D mod or FE). Mark's contact information is on another post on hydroracer that was looking to buy saftey equipment.
            Elek Hutchinson
            36M

Comment

Originally posted by Hutch06 View Post
              Jeff, thanks for the response, I'm sorry to hear about your mother in-law, I hope everything turns out ok. Hopefully our new DSR driver, Mark Towicki (sp on last name) sees your post and can message you from here.

Bill, thanks for the encouragement buddy, haven't outgrown the 20ssh yet

Josh, thanks for looking into this, Mark is from Warren, MI and bought Ken Witalek's (sp?) Merc and Bobby Laws runabout ( I believe from the sounds of it, it was a D mod or FE). Mark's contact information is on another post on hydroracer that was looking to buy saftey equipment.
              Sorry but I have way too much going on to make it. It's too bad as that is a great race!!!...Brett now has a full DSR rig as well but can't get time off of work for it either ....Gootz

Comment

Hows about Trenton boys??

Comment

I'll be in Trenton with my pitcrew TJack...

Comment

When is Trenton? Josh, I can't believe you trust TJack enough to be your pit crew! Lol josh I'll run your rig at Constantine if you can't make it.

Comment

Thanks for the intro Elek.
                      This runabout thing is on my bucket list
                      I bought the motor from Ken Wojtakik, LAPEER, Mi (great guy) he's been out of racing for at least 5 years. Ken was introduced to me by Lou Betka who has been out of racing for about 20 years, also Lapeer area. The deal was he'd get me rigged up and I'd have a day of getting acquainted with the boat at the Holloway Reservoir/Columbiaville. That should happen next week.
                      Maybe with the help of Elek I'll show up on Friday and get schooled as well as see if I can splash my boat at Constantine then be out of there.If I were you guys I'd be urging Elek to pay extra attention to me "for your protection". You guys sound all right - Go to your dictionary -look up the word Rookie- you will find my picture. It should be a hoot.
                      PS :I need clothes
                      Tomorrow I buy a helmet
                      Mark Kotwicki
                      Warren, Mi

Comment

Welcome Mark..you couldn't ask for a better group of folks.Looking forward to meeting you..I would suggest sticking around at Constantine...Take a Heat or 2 in a Turn Boat (Best Place to see and learn besides a cockpit IMO) The "after the race races" are a good place to pick-up tips etc..The "D" Guys might not be there..but a whole lotta Racers will be.
                        Roger A 68M
                        Team Casual

Comment

Originally posted by pearson95m View Post
                          I'll be in Trenton with my pitcrew TJack...
                          Brett (Gootz Jr.) will race at Trenton.....Sr. is TBD......

Comment

Originally posted by mkotwicki View Post
                            Thanks for the intro Elek.
                            This runabout thing is on my bucket list
                            I bought the motor from Ken Wojtakik, LAPEER, Mi (great guy) he's been out of racing for at least 5 years. Ken was introduced to me by Lou Betka who has been out of racing for about 20 years, also Lapeer area. The deal was he'd get me rigged up and I'd have a day of getting acquainted with the boat at the Holloway Reservoir/Columbiaville. That should happen next week.
                            Maybe with the help of Elek I'll show up on Friday and get schooled as well as see if I can splash my boat at Constantine then be out of there.If I were you guys I'd be urging Elek to pay extra attention to me "for your protection". You guys sound all right - Go to your dictionary -look up the word Rookie- you will find my picture. It should be a hoot.
                            PS :I need clothes
                            Tomorrow I buy a helmet
                            Mark Kotwicki
                            Warren, Mi
                            Hey Mark,

Welcome to the class!!!!... Please note that the DSR drivers are probably the most laid back and timid bunch at the races.....we tend to stay away from the rowdy's out there....Gootz

Comment

Mark,
                              I apologize for absolutely BUTCHERING your last name.
                              Sincere apologies, hope helmet shopping went well.
                              -Elek
                              Elek Hutchinson
                              36M

Comment

Working...
                              X