Taylor Fihn, Miricle girl !!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taylor Fihn, Miricle girl !!!!!

Sorry for the Delay in updating. Its been tuff getting any info.
    This surgery Taylor had was only the 2nd ever done for severe complex ALCAPA.
    The other was performed I believe Tim said in Australia.
    So the Doctors did not have much information to go on.
    They studied for this surgery for a week on what information they had.
    Even with what they had studied. It was so new and severe that half way through the surgery. They had to go back and go over there Guide if you will about the 1 complex case that was documented.
    But they pulled it off and Taylor is improving by the hour.
    She is in Dornbechers Hospital which is the children's Hospital combined with OHSU in Portland, Or.
    She is still in ICU and in much pain. Although she did get up and walk around in ICU today.
    What a MIRICLE girl.
    The fact she lived this long with her heart as it was, and now to make it through 10+ hrs of surgery.
    Yes, I would say she's a MIRICLE GIRL...
    The Doctors want her to get up and move around more and they will remove the remaining 2 chest drains.
    If she continues to improve she will be out of ICU tomorrow.

I saw a couple pictures of her and Tim from Lake Lawrence last year.
    One the two of them were pulling Tim's DSH on the cart out of the water.
    Under the picture she wrote: Giving Dad some advice!!

The other she was holding him for the start of a heat.
    Under it she wrote: Dads mid life crises !!! lol
    She has a great sense of hummer.

For myself, Tim, Tracy, and all there family thank you for your support and prayers.
    Keep em coming and Taylor will be out of the hospital soon.
    Thank you,
    Rick

Thanks for posting Rick. What great news! Our prayers will continue for Taylor's speedy recovery.

Comment

Great news I wish her a speedy recovery there is a force way above us all.
      Destiny is a matter of chance,it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.

Comment

Thanks !

Thanks Rick for the update and our prayers are with Taylor and her family.

Comment

UPDATE:
          Taylor is doing much better today. She had the last two drain tubes removed.
          Her pain is much better, and she is regaining a little appetite.

Taylor is out of ICU !!!!!

Tracy said: It was a good day and looking forward to more improvement tomorrow.

After a couple of very stressful days, Tim and Tracy are finally getting some rest.
          Tomorrow evening I am going to visit her, Tim, and Tracy.
          I will have to see if she will arm wrestle me while she is weak.
          Stay tunned !
          Rick,
          Last edited by RHannon; 05-21-2012, 07:29 AM. Reason: Update

Comment

Tatlor Fihn is going home !

Mike Bartlett and I went up and visited with Taylor,Tim, and Tracy last night.
            Taylor is doing so awesome. She was just as bubbly and happy as I have ever seen her.
            I brought her a little stuffed doggy, that my mother gave me a year ago when I had my last Transplant up there. I told her he helped me find my way out of there and he will help you. We named him Jack.

Although Tim, and Tracy looked very tired like they had the Heart surgery.
            As a parent I can only imagine what a difficult time this was for them.

They were going to release her yesterday.

Tim and Tracy said: No way not yet... lol

So, they kept her overnight and after only a few days after a miricle Heart Surgery she was released today @ noon.

So the three of them are on there 5 hour trip back to Medford, Or. where she will sleep in her own bed tonight.

On behalf of Tim, Tracy, and Taylor, Thank you all for the Thoughts and Prayers that helped keep the BIG guy upstairs looking after this wonderful young lady.

I will keep you all posted on her progress.
            Thanks,
            Rick
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X