Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back to the neck restraints. You cant tell me that no matter how tight you get the straps when you hit the water at 100 mph that the straps wont give a little and the chest strap will not slide up just a little. Its not the HANS that nascar uses, its just a strap around your chest.
    Ben

Comment

To David Weaver:

Just as in the case of knowing how the commission is elected, your knowledge of the accident I was involved in is lacking. How in the world can you make a comment like you did that you don't think radio's would have been of any assistance? You have no idea of the situation, or whether an opportunity existed to warn me. Following that kind of thinking to it's logical end would say nobody should boat race because it might be dangerous, or I better not hook my trailer up to go to the race, because I might have an accident on the way. One of the problems is your information is all coming from one side of this discussion. I have offered MANY TIMES to provide any interested party with all pertinent information about the cir***stances under which this rule came to be, and the basis of the appeal. To this time, you have never asked. To be mistaken is human, to be uninformed is dangerous.[/QUOTE]

So much for remaining objective and informative. You know, if you are right on a matter, but can only get your point across by pissing off people then it will be lost on everyone that you are right. You have actually swayed my thinking towards your view on this matter, but you get so far off-point that I almost want to argue with you just for the sheer entertainment of it.

Maybe a radio would have helped, maybe it wouldn't have helped. As I stated, IF it was the same heat where I was trailing Jack by 12 boat lengths when he blewover, I do not know if a radio person back on the beach would have been able to help. But I can say that from my vantage point on the water behind the accident, it would have have been difficult to give you guidance other than to slow down (and even that may have been the wrong advice).

This is only one instance and certainly does not mean that radios would not help in other instances.

You are right on two other points. Up until recently, I was not very aware of how the commissioners were appointed. Thanks for explaining the current "rules". And I have only gotten information from one side on this matter, your side!! I have asked in other posts for the commissioners to chime in. I do not recall that they have.

To quote the famous Seargent Hulka from Stripes, Lighten-up Frances!!
      David Weaver

Comment

Miller Lite for Sure

Seems to me the point and counter point have been made again and again and again. Everyone has dug in their heels and made their impassioned comments and the bottome line is you are either for or against or don't care. That being said and it being the holidays I say close this thread and start a new one...how about a survey... Miller Lite or Bud Lite????? Miller Lite for Ellison/Hellsten Racing

Merry Christmas

Kristi Z-22

PRO Commissioner

APBA BOD

"Ask not what your racing organization can do for you...Ask what you can do for your racing organization"
        Tomtall 06

Comment

better topic!

I agree with Kristi wholeheartedly - Bud Light makes my head hurt...

Sean

Comment

Survey says thread closed !

Merry Christmas
            HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Comment

Working...
            X