Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steering Wheel Replacement?

I am looking for a new steering wheel.
    Something other than the typical cushioned vinyl rim wheels that most of us use.

I need a better grip.

Anyone have any ideas?

I have several that are foam covered and provide a good grip. Three chrome spokes and fit the standard hydro or runabout drum with three 7/16 cap screws. 40.00 each, if interested PM me for more info or photos.

Bill

Comment

Fertilize your hand with some Miracle Grow.

I get steering wheels at Auto Zone made by Grant for about what Bill charges. These are 14" diameter. They have a smaller diameter grip than some wheels which I don't like as I have big hands but the larger diameter wheel is great for leverage. It's not too heavy and the black foam I find is grippy.

They are pre drilled to fit most steering hubs.

Tim
      Tim Weber

Comment

I get mine off of ebay most of the pictures I post of my boats show the steering wheel. I like cool looking wheels the new boats steering wheel is yellow and black. Think I paid 25.00 for it.
        Destiny is a matter of chance,it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.

Comment

Mark ya dont need a wheel. you saw the bayou boys use tillers, that would work for you
          Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by G Stillwill View Post
            I get mine off of ebay most of the pictures I post of my boats show the steering wheel. I like cool looking wheels the new boats steering wheel is yellow and black. Think I paid 25.00 for it.
            Thanks George...
            Is it a suede covered wheel?

Comment

Most are either leather and plastic or vinyl and plastic over aluminum.
              Destiny is a matter of chance,it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.

Comment

Mark,

I have found good gripping wheels on-line in the racing Go-cart sites. You might look there - several suppliers

Andy

Comment

wheels

George
                  Email me the information on steering wheels on ebay.
                  Did you get my email yesterday???
                  Tom

Comment

http://www.ebay.com/itm/110711502896...84.m1423.l2649

Comment

Originally posted by mdaspit View Post
                      I am looking for a new steering wheel.
                      Something other than the typical cushioned vinyl rim wheels that most of us use.

I need a better grip.

Anyone have any ideas?
                      LOL, few others on this site needing a better grip on things than you.
                      When replacement in hand, be charitable, donate your wheel to the needy.
                      Or, have it bronzed, issue "Get a grip" award at end of season to most deserving.

To the few: a poke, just having fun
                      Stock Outboard Racing!....because other sports,....golf, football, baseball, etc....only require one Ball!

Comment

get a grip

here you go!
                        Attached Files

Comment

Perfect

Originally posted by john527 View Post
                          here you go!
                          That is right up Mark's alley. I think he needs one in each boat.

And Mark, we can put reigns on the boats for ya.
                          Dave Mason
                          Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Yup, sadly I am losing my grip.

But... I bought some Bat Tape, to wrap baseball bat handles.
                            I'm going to wrap the wheels I have with it, and hopefully
                            That will help.

Thanks for all suggestions.

Comment

Working...
                            X