J AXH Transom height for Mercury???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J AXH Transom height for Mercury???

Building a hydro for J and then AXH for a new racer. I would like to know the transom height for the Mercury engine. Either squared off the bottom or up the transom, in which case it is a 13 degree angle. Thank you in advance.

I make them 17 and 3/4 squared off the bottom. Plenty of room to shim to get exact when testing. Merc clamps are pretty deep.
    Destiny is a matter of chance,it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.

Comment

Transom and to step or not?

Thanks George. I believe I heard you will be going through the motor for this boat. Now that I have you, how wide is the clamping area?? Would like to better customize the center section of the transom. Cockpit sides came from Sam set up for a stepped bottom. What's your opinion on stepped or not. I've built both. Thanks

Comment

Build it just the way it came from Sam thats what all the ones I built are and are just like Vals boat. If its for a J the transom needs to be moved back but its best to do the with an adjustable bracket so it can be moved forward again to be run as an AX.. The bullet for AX will be under the boat by about 3/4 of an inch and usually to close for a J to get on plane.
        Destiny is a matter of chance,it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.

Comment

Working...
        X