NBRA Exibition Opportunity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NBRA Exibition Opportunity

A member of the Southern Drag Boat Association has contacted Jeff Ruth and I have talked with him as he is here in Austin, Texas about having an exibition session using our racing equipment at their race at Austin's Decker Lake the weekend of June 30/July 1 2012. The lake has been the site of OPC races in the past. The pits are primarily in a park setting repleate with trees and launch ramp. It is envisioned that we would run two classes of two heats each throughout the day on Sat and again on Sunday. Since the date falls between the two Oklahoma races this would make three weekends in a row. We would not incur any entry fees.. The big question is, would any of our racers be interested in participating in this potential event?
    If you would be interested in participating, post you intentions here on the NBRA web site. Please include which class you would be prepared to run. This is an excellent chance to showcase our sport and possibly gain some new racers. I would imagine that to do it right we would need at least 6 boats in each of the presented classes. I can be reached at (512) 280-0645 or my cell at (512) 917-9019. Jack Stotts I've been unable to post on the NBRA site. Jack

Maybe

Hello Jack,
    I all works out well we could support the race. What class are you thinking about.

Alan

Comment

I don't kmow what classes you have in mind, Jack, but our 25 mod hydro is in Ft. Worth...would love to support anything you have in mind...Joe John Schulte T-44

Comment

It would be great to have a 2cyl class, possibly CSH and a 4 cyl class. We'll just have to see what the interest is. I've been unable to post on the NBRA site and have Doug working on it. Would someone seeing the initial posting please cut and paste the item on the NBRA site. Thanks. Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Stotts View Post
          Would someone seeing the initial posting please cut and paste the item on the NBRA site.
          Done.

OMC FE/SE powerhead parts for sale. Kurcz ported block, Mod 50 pistons and cylinder head, exhaust, etc.

Comment

Class 1 = A - M25 Hydro
            Class 2 = D - Super E Hydro

Just my idea.
            If its a two day event.

Maybe run Runabouts on day 2 using the same split?
            John Mathews @ Mathews Racing L-390

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/johnmathews390
            Instagram: http://instagram.com/johnmathews_390
            Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/johnmathews_390
            Email: JohnMathewsL390@aol.com
            Cell#: 318-794-4515

Comment

Maybe

I will have to talk to Dave about it, if we can arrange flights or something there is a chance. Since Dave lives in TX would like to support it.

Does the water look raceable Jack ?

Great oppurtunity to say the least. We picked up at least one new racer when we went to Lucas Oil during the first Drage Boat race, so here is a chance to really get on board. Those drag racers are crazy fast !
              Dave Mason
              Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Yeah Dave come on down...
                Remember the barbque.
                The lake is really close to the airport.

Bring Lyle.

Comment

Working...
                X