Speaking of cabovers......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaking of cabovers......

Here are a few photos of a MacDonald cabover that I restored for a guy about 8 years ago. I wound up buying it back a few years ago because it was simply too neat to let get away. It was a total re-skin with some minor frame damage. The engine cowling wasn't original, but added as a removable turtle deck to simulate Hugh's record boats. I've been too busy with mod racing stuff to do anything with it yet, but plan to rig it and run it next year.

Steve Roskowski
    Attached Files

Nice looking boat! Nice looking boat shed too! What sort of vintage inboard do you have there?
    " It's a sad day when you've outgrown everything"
    Art Pugh

Comment

Inboard hydro in the photo

The inboard is a Colcock 91ci from the early 1960's. The boat was campaigned as "The Topper" by Bob Tucker of Florida. I have one of the original Alfas that was run in it in the late 60's. It is just another project that I hope to get to some time in the future. It is another very neat boat and definately worthy of restoration. I've got some photos of it, but they are too large a file to insert here. Sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by modhydro
        I have one of the original Alfas that was run in it in the late 60's.
        I didnt know Alfa Romeo made any engine obsolete enough for the inboard division
        Last edited by epugh66; 12-03-2004, 10:39 PM. Reason: mis-spell
        " It's a sad day when you've outgrown everything"
        Art Pugh

Comment

Great pics! Thanks for emailing the others to me!

Pam

Comment

Eric,

Mario Andretti has a Molinari tunnel boat with a trick Alfa Romeo engine and a sterndrive. I've only heard stories about it secondhand from John Puestow but it sounded interesting- especially as Mario compared the Andretti family members abilities as boat drivers. Of course tunnels aren't inboards by any stretch but it is an Alfa motor in a race boat.

Comment

Working...
            X